Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#120405 - 06/21/05 04:45 PM Re: New MP3s
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I'm really looking forward to heading to your neighborhood, meeting you and your lovely wife, and enjoying a week in sunny Cozumel.

Oh shaddup already. I'm stuck in Podunk, Lousyanna, eating beenie weenies.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#120406 - 06/23/05 08:45 AM Re: New MP3s
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Tony, Bill....you guys are too much...I wouldn't take that from Gary if I were you, I'd just get mu a$$ on a plane and come down and show him....hey Eddie...are you coming also????
Tony Rome

#120407 - 06/24/05 09:00 PM Re: New MP3s
Vquestor Offline

Gary, I just listened to "Beyond the Sea"
and you did a first class job.
The only constructive criticism I can give,
is that the "s" and "sh" sounds might be
modified. Perhaps some EQ or De-essing could help.

#120408 - 06/25/05 05:49 AM Re: New MP3s
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Vquester,

Thanks, I guess I didn't notice it, but I should be able to take care of the problem with some minor EQ changes as your suggested.

Thanks again,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#120409 - 06/25/05 06:20 AM Re: New MP3s
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
hey Eddie...are you coming also????
Tony Rome

Tony... It doesn't look like I will be able to make it down there this time around. I'm gonna have to take a rain check.
Eddie

#120410 - 06/25/05 08:22 AM Re: New MP3s
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What is the date of the proposed trip to Cozumel?
DonM

#120411 - 06/25/05 04:54 PM Re: New MP3s
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don,

I'm gonna' be there the week of October 17. It's a great way to celebrate my 65th birthday.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#120412 - 06/28/05 11:17 AM Re: New MP3s
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Gary

I think your recordings came across rather well.

You mention an interesting point regarding the bit rate of the recording and the download time that I pondered for a quite a while.

I decided that if someone was actually interested enough to listen to my demos and they had a slow computer, that they would wait for a slightly longer download if needed.

I noticed a rather major difference between the quality of a low vs a higher bit rate in sound. I also heard some of my demos on another musicians computer/speaker system. His speaker system was not that great, it needed all the help it could get. I felt that to me it was more important to let people get as high a quality of sound as possible when listening to my variety of songs mostly because a lot of people don't even know that one person can sound like that and wanted as rich a sound as I reasonably could get. That's also the reason most of my demos are short having the few full length tunes marked with an asterisk.

I did find that to get the very best sound I first recorded at the higher rates of 24/48 and 24/96. Then without any editing I lowered it down to 16 bits. That alone did make a noticeable difference in the tone quality as it allowed more data to be included after I lowered it to 16 rather than just recording at 16.

I also noticed that most online demos that I heard that also sounded good to me were done at least at 192 k-bits for the mp3. I decided to go up one notch higher to make it a little better and not really affect the download time.

Just my current slant on it for my purposes.

Anyway, thanx for sharing your efforts with us.

Best
Scott
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-28-2005).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online