SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120227 - 04/13/07 12:53 PM G70 ver 3
montana Offline

Loc: red lodge,mt,usa
I was playing a wedding reception here in Montana and the father of the groom visiting from Clevland said he had a G70 and asked if I was using ver3. I just got the G70 a couple of months ago and I am still figuring it out so I haven't tried and additions to it. Here are a few questions: 1 Is it worth putting on, 2 Is it hard to install. 3 Why isn't it on the Roland website I have only seen it on the Danish G70 club site. Lastly it is so cool to meet someone through a keyboard and have so much in commom because of keyboard websites. This is the second SZ person I have meet one in Connecticut and one from Ohio.

#120228 - 04/13/07 02:42 PM Re: G70 ver 3
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
http://rolandkeyboardclub.com/v/G70Update_Backup_Recovery.php

Montana, the link above will allow you to download the portion of the manual for Ver 3 only so you can decide if you want to download the upgrade.

I have updated two G70s for my local dealer to ver 3 from ver 2. Update went smoothly. The styles have been equalized differently. The manual describes the new capabilities.

Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by Lanny (edited 04-13-2007).]

#120229 - 04/13/07 06:41 PM Re: G70 ver 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You REALLY ought to update. V3 makes an enormous difference to the sound - it adds a 3-band parametric EQ on every single Part (Style and Keyboard), and the same EQ on each and every drum sound within a kit. It also links OTS to the style, NOT the UPS (huge improvement right there), and adds several other new OS features and bug-fixes.

It finally makes the G70 into the machine we all knew it could be. All the styles are updated, and re-equalized, and have new OTS settings. Don't be afraid.... jump on in, the water's lovely!

#120230 - 04/14/07 08:20 AM Re: G70 ver 3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
--------------------------------------------
it adds a 3-band parametric EQ on every single Part (Style and Keyboard), and the same EQ on each and every drum sound within a kit.
--------------------------------------------

That alone is good enough reason to update!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online