SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119830 - 10/13/05 10:47 PM What are the REAL Differences between Tyros Speakers: TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Does ANYONE here know (for sure) if, except for the different style satellite speaker 'MOUNTING BRACKETS", whether the Tyros1 TRS-MS01's speakers are any different from the Tyros2 TRS-MS02's? I've heard it rumored that the TRS-MS01's and TRS-MS02's are actually IDENTICAL in all respects except for these mounting brackets. Is this true?

If it's ONLY the satellite speaker's mounting brackets that differ, I wonder if the TRS-MS02 MOUNTING Brackets are available for purchase separately (from Yamaha) and then could be attached to the TRS-MS01's for use on the Tyros2. Perhaps DanO or George Kaye could ask Mark Anderson (Yamaha USA) about this, and report back. Thanks.

Scott

#119831 - 10/14/05 02:39 PM Re: What are the REAL Differences between Tyros Speakers: TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's?
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi scott,

on the seminar they told that the new speaker system is customized for the tyros2.
they have changed some modifications for better sounding and tested on the tyros2.
regards,
notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#119832 - 10/14/05 04:53 PM Re: What are the REAL Differences between Tyros Speakers: TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by notlos:
seminar they told that the new speaker system is customized for the tyros2.
they have changed some modifications for better sounding and tested on the tyros2.

I'm anxious to find out exactly what kind of modifications for better sound were actually made (new speaker parts/ specs, different internal enclosure design, etc), and of course to get feedback from anyone who's had a chance to A/B the TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's connected to a Tyros2.

Notlos, perhaps, since you have a musician's golden ear, work in a Music store, you might have that opportunity, and report back? Thanks. - Scott

#119833 - 10/14/05 06:59 PM Re: What are the REAL Differences between Tyros Speakers: TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Does anyone know if the speaker system can be played with only the satellites and not have to use the sub unless you want to?

ScottY: It seems to me those type of accessories as add on's are usually kind of expensive. It seems to me when I did research on getting the Tyros speaker stands that it was around $90 or some ridiculous figure were I just dropped the idea.

Although, these being one piece may be less, but I'll bet still more than the average person would think they are worth.

That does seem to be the norm though with any accessory for the music industry. I always thought, for example, that drum accessories were really overpriced. But then again, since this is stuff that is not mass produced like Walmart type products, I guess that is not unusual really even outside the music industry.

Best
ScottL

#119834 - 10/14/05 11:46 PM Re: What are the REAL Differences between Tyros Speakers: TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
TRS-MS01's & TRS-MS02's. The modification is the MS02's are Silver instead of Black !!! Seriously neither model does justice to today's keyboards available out put quality.
But they are great connected to the TV.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online