SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119725 - 01/17/00 12:56 PM PSR-9000 multitrack sequencing
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
On the Technics 2000 you can first do an easy recording(arranger etc.) and then add solo instruments to the open tracks. As I will soon have my PSR-9000 I would like to know if the same is possible on the Yamaha.On the Technics you do not have to save to disk at all (if you so desire)....is this possible on the Yamaha as well? I did download the Handbook but find it a bit difficult to follow on the PC. Cant wait any more........wish it was here already..all because of this wonderful forum and sound advice...Thanks to all...hein

#119726 - 01/17/00 01:15 PM Re: PSR-9000 multitrack sequencing
AndyG Offline

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
Hi Hein,

I just checked my PSR9000 and yes, you can add separate solo tracks to a previously sequenced EASY RECORD type recording - without first saving the sequence.

All will become clear when you get your PSR but what you do is:

1) Perform your APC recording using EASY RECORD.

2) When complete, press STOP and press the PREV button twice - this will take to the recording type selection screen.

3) Select MULTITRACK RECORD and you can now add more tracks to your sequence..

Best Regards,

Andy.

#119727 - 01/18/00 01:07 AM Re: PSR-9000 multitrack sequencing
Marek Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Hein,

as Andy wrote, you can do Easy Record and then Multi Track Recording without having to save the sequence after Easy Record.
I also own a Technics keyboard and the difference between the PSR 9000 and the Technics is, that you can make only one sequence at time (on my Technics I can record or load into sequencer up to 10 songs) and you cannot do anything else between recording: if you push the Exit button from the Sequencing Mode, you will be asked for a confirmatin of the action, as all sequenced data would be erased.
I found the Easy Record very convenient and also the Multitrack Record works very similar as by Technics keyboards.

Regards

Marek

#119728 - 01/19/00 01:01 PM Re: PSR-9000 multitrack sequencing
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
Thanks to both of you for this valueable info.All I can say is ....I am looking forward to this keyboard. Regards..Hein

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online