SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119520 - 02/07/01 10:16 AM lost in chosing the right box!!
Al-Fayed Offline

Loc: Toronto, ON,CANADA
I am kinda lost in chosing the right keyboard. I am playing lots of styles, including some oriental,where there is use of some oriental sounds. I loved the Korg IS35, but it doesn't have any oriental sounds other than the drum set. is there any module from Yamaha, or Roland that has sounds? or shall I think of a mini sampler like Yamaha SU100, or SU200?

#119521 - 02/07/01 05:18 PM Re: lost in chosing the right box!!
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
Hello again
I play oriental music, I use the solton X1 oriental, I also have the GEM WK8 and it's also oriental, I just bought a Roland module XV-5080 and right away I fell in love with it, it’s one of the best machine’s I’ve ever heard plus it has 128 mb of sample memory, it’s a sample playback, it also takes 8 expansions boards from different Roland products, now here's the best news, every time I buy a new keyboard or module I try to build a midi box to access the Arabic tuning(quarter note) in case the keyboard don't come with one, now the best news is that I made a midi box to work with the XV-5080 and it does quarter note like a dream ,if you want to know more you can e-mail me privately.
Eddy

#119522 - 02/07/01 06:10 PM Re: lost in chosing the right box!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
As of right now, the only oriental module is made by Generalmusic and is called the WK2oriental arranger. It was just shown at the NAMM show the last few weeks. It is just like the WK2oriental keyboard but in a box. You can see it on the www.generalmusic.com web site. I'm not sure of the price yet but the keyboard with Hard drive sells for about $1500 so I'm sure the module will be less.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online