SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#119177 - 09/11/06 10:09 PM My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hello all,

I recently spent some time using 'Sony Soundforge' to tweak my previously recorded Tyros2 DEMO SONGS. They were orignally performed & recorded live (in arranger mode) on my Tyros2 keyboard and then simply transfered to my PC and converted into a compressed WMA file with no software post processing. After having re-listened to these songs recently, I felt some of them lacked mid range vocal clarity (aka muffled). I've since discovered that post processing in Soundforge has helped to improve the sound quality & clarity.

Here's what I did (in Soundforge) to my songs:

1) Re-adjusted EQ level to boost mid-upper frequencies
2) Applied Sound Forge 'Smooth-Enchance Feature': +3 enhance setting
3) Normalized Volume level

Here are the Demo Songs I recorded on Tyros2 and have now tweaked with Sony Soundforge:

Come Running
Corcovado
Crazy Love
I Get Along Without You Very Well
Nine Million Bicycles In Beijing
This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
California Here I Come
You Don't Know Me

I invite you all to please have a listen to all my song demos (12) for the first time (or once again, if you've already heard them before) and tell me what you think of the relative sound quality. Keep in mind though that these are compressed (192 kbps) windows media (.wma) files.

I'm also interested in feedback on which song(s) are your favorites and least favorite(s).

On ANOTHER note: I've discovered that when my website's: SONG DEMOS page is displayed in Internet Explorer, that depending on which: View > Text Size (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, Smallest) is selected , that it drastically affects the alignment of the text shown. On my PC, my website's: SONG DEMO page text alignment is optimized for MEDIUM size. Unfortunately when the text size view is switched to any of the other sizes (Largest, Larger, Smaller, Smallest), proper text alignment is lost, with Larger & Largest looking the worst. I maintain & edit my website using Microsoft Frontpage. Is there anything I can do to get the web page to look properly aligned regardless of which IE "text view size" selected?

Thanks in advance to all for your feedback & input on both my SONG DEMOS, as well as any advice you can give me on how to get my website SONG DEMO PAGE to look properlly aligned, irregardless of IE 'text display' size selected.

Ok, Click HERE to go to my website's: Song Demo page, and listen to my Demo Song collection (12 songs). Thanks. Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#119178 - 09/11/06 11:35 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hi Scott,

I am replying from my workplace so I am unable to listen to your recordings.

As for the text size not appearing correctly using 'large' or 'largest' fonts, you could use CSS (cascadind style sheets) to set the text size to a fixed value as I do on my personal website.

Please email me if you need assistance on how to do that.

Regards,
George

#119179 - 09/12/06 04:29 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Scott.
Having heard all of your songs again and discussing them with you on Skype (isn't Skype great ) you can hear a big difference from the previous versions.
The vocals are far more up front/clearer and you can also hear all of the cymbals and sounds used on the styles in the background far easier.
I know you've spent a considerable amount of time redoing these and it certainly shows.
Well done m8. Soundforge is a great piece of software.
Now stop doing up your old songs and give us a new one

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 09-12-2006).]

#119180 - 09/12/06 04:32 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
keyboarda1 Offline

Loc: U.K.
Hi Scott. Definate improvement - very crisp and clear. I wish I could produce recordings of this quality!
Favourites: Best First.

You Don't Know Me
I Get Along W/O You Very Well
This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
Corcavado
Crazy Love

#119181 - 09/12/06 04:35 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
keyboarda1 Offline

Loc: U.K.
Come Running
California Here I Come
Nine Million Bicycles In Beijing.

Song preference - not quality.

Was that "Ct Train Bt" style I heard on "Ring Of Fire" ?

Regards. Vic

#119182 - 09/12/06 04:57 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Wow. Scott
what a difference a day makes (good title for a song! I'll think of a melody )
I have listened again to your Corcovado and found it superb (believe me I don't give praise lightly).
Another tip I have for others to listen to your songs now is to set the Windows Media Player Version 9 to an EQ setting of 'mid' on all settings. Look at the bottom of the page which shows the Player and when you bring up the EQ display, choose the bottom one of the selections and bring them all to zero.
I wonder, by the way how many of us forget about the individual settings we can make for ALL the music we hear using these EQ mods. I have been guilty myself in the past of judging songs as being too this or too that, without adjusting my own EQ' s on playback.
Incidentaly I also am lucky to have the SoundForge Audio Pro9 and use it myself now. I must get round to re-EQ'ing the songs already on my website )
Thanks for the link which was really worth the connection.
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#119183 - 09/12/06 06:03 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Scott,

My compliments on the super sound quality. Love the Coffe Song!

#119184 - 09/12/06 07:28 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Scott:
Definate improvements. sounds are surperb. Sound Forge made a big difference.

All your songs sound great, personal preferences is listening to your faster renditions. I think you're more suited for the faster ones, Not saying anything wrong with the slower ballads, just you really shine on songs like the coffee song....pose

#119185 - 09/12/06 07:48 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by loungelyzard:
Scott:
personal preferences is listening to your faster renditions. I think you're more suited for the faster ones

Did you listen to Corcovado?
You will find that slower songs sort out the REAL mastery of diction and attention to detail.
Scott has passed that test with flying colours.
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#119186 - 09/12/06 08:07 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
zuki Offline

Scott,

Superb sound quality, both voice and instruments. The T2 is a terrific sounding board, sounds like the real deal!

Also, love your site. The blue backdrop is pleasing and the layout is well thought out.

You're a master of your trade. Keep 'em coming

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online