SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#119187 - 09/12/06 08:39 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Scott, I have heard some of your demo's before. Obviously, impossible to compare what I hear now versus way back when... but... your demo's do seem to sound better. Vocals are exceptionally clear, which is a good thing. I noticed good definition in the Tyros sounds. Thumbs up from me.

As for your site, you used MS Frontpage? All bets are off. Sorry, can't help ya.

I assume you are aware that Frontpage gets a horrible bad rap among webmasters regarding how it monkeys around with the code. However... your site is very well done, indeed. Your site is better than most professionally designed sites.

How to fix your text problem, yeah, you could take control with CSS.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#119188 - 09/12/06 09:33 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
Did you listen to Corcovado?
You will find that slower songs sort out the REAL mastery of diction and attention to detail.
Scott has passed that test with flying colours.
cheers
Eddie

[/B]

Eddie:
Yes matter of fact its on my play list on the PC and listen using it as background music when working
pose

#119189 - 09/12/06 10:44 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Not too bad.

Seriously, the sound is terrific.
Your site is really good. However if it is giving you problems, the first thing would be to get away from Frontpage.
DonM

#119190 - 09/12/06 01:48 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Scott: I would comment but you said "goodbye for now". Gee that as a very short self-imposed exile.

The demos sound much better as compared to before which were very well done from the performance perspective. With the work you did in Sound Forge the instrumentals are now much better matched with the vocals. Previously the instrumentals had this far- off-in-a-cave sound to them.

I was able to compare old to new because I happened to have the old version of your rendition of the Coffee Song on my hard drive (no, I am not the president of the Scott Yee fan club, just a member). I had it there because of a strange problem I have when I listen to songs from your site. When I click on a song, the media player comes up and reports I don't have the right CODEC to listen to the file. However, if I save the file to my hard drive and double-click on it the media player works fine. As I put these files in a temp dir the old and new were still there. FYI.

#119191 - 09/12/06 03:17 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Scott, I also had an older copy of your Coffee song, so I was able to compare. The newer version has more punch, presence, and overall brightness. Sounds very good. What exactly did you do in Soundforge?

Glenn

#119192 - 09/12/06 03:57 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have just D/L the latest Windows media Player ver 10 ... I am playing Scott's songs through the Logitech Z-5500s ... I hear his vocal with a LOT of reverb ... anyone else getting this??? ...
Where is the EQ setting for the WMP?

thnx,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-12-2006).]

#119193 - 09/12/06 06:50 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Got a call from Scott ... reset some WMP settings ...
Recordings sound really good Scott ... nice job ...
t.

#119194 - 09/12/06 09:55 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
MANY Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to listen & re-evaluate my demo songs after having tweaked them in Sound Forge. It appears (from the responses so far) that there's no single favorite song even though "The Coffee Song" got mentioned most. In addition to favs, I also asking for a list of least favorites, but perhaps people here are too reticent to reveal that. The reason I asked is because I wondered if there's any general consensus about what song genre/style(s) best/not suited to my vocal & kb playing style.

Your positive comments (at least so far) about the sound improvement made, make me feel it's been worth the effort I've taken in attempting to learn how to use the many powerful features of Sound Forge. For any other people here interested in learning all about & how to best utilize the many features of Sound Forge, I own, and highly recommend purchasing the book:

Sound Forge 8 Power, the official Guide , by Scott R. Garrigus.

Scott

#119195 - 09/12/06 11:10 PM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Now stop doing up your old songs and give us a new one

Ok Craig, though I realize it's going to be a tough act to follow after just hearing your latest beautiful tune: Saltwater, I promise to post another new song soon. - Scott

#119196 - 09/13/06 03:34 AM Re: My 'DEMO Songs' Collection tweaked utilizing SOUNDFORGE: Feedback Please!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
lmao Scott.
I can't sing for the life of me and wish I had your talent and some others on SZ vocal wise, I would pack up my daytime job immediately and turn pro instead of semi-pro.
I just have to let my fingers do the singing parts unfortunately

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online