SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#118851 - 04/09/02 06:14 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
For those who may have the 740 or access to it, the "Blues ballad" style from it does a very good rendition of "House" right down to the guitar part and the organ sound. I do that song and the 6 / 8 blues style from the PA80 isn't quite as good for it, so the Blues Ballad style was one of the first style conversions I did for the PA80. If you don't have access to the 740 and would like the style I have it Jedi. I can't post it because big brother Yamaha is watching, but I'd be happy to send it to you. On the other hand, maybe posting it somewhere online would have been a way for me to establish a meaningful and truly personal dialogue with Yamaha. I didn't have much luck with that when I was trying to get help for my ailing 2000.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 04-09-2002).]

#118852 - 04/09/02 06:47 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jedi,

Does your Mac include a floppy disk drive? If not, you should be able to easily attach a USB removeable floppy drive. Now you should be able to easily download & install the 'music finder' file I mentioned.

1) Make sure you have 'PC Exchange' file extension enabled in your Mac's Startup Manager. This allows your Mac to read IBM PC format files.

2) Insert an IBM formatted 1.44mb diskette into your Mac.

3) Now just download the Music Finder file http://svpWorld.com/files/PSR2000MF.mfd directly into the floppy diskette.

4) Remove the diskette from the floppy drive and insert it into the PSR2000.

1.select FUNCTION
2.select "I" (utility)
3.press 'next' until "SYSTEM RESET"
4.press "I" again, for "MUSIC FINDER"
5.press 'next' until "FLOPPY DISK"
6.press ENTER
7.choose:
REPLACE (replaces the current titles with the originals)
or
APPEND ( adds the originals to the current titles)

I suggest you choose REPLACE.

All of this can easily be reverted back to the factory settings via: System Restore.

This should effectively replace all the cryptically named songs with the song's REAL names, including 'House of the Rising Sun' instead of 'Son of the Rising House'. Let me know how this all works. Good luck .

- Scott
http://scottyee.com

#118853 - 04/09/02 08:31 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Thank you, every one!
Bluezplayer you know the style cool ha It did "house" perfect just like you mention I wonder if I could get a 510 style disc from Yamaha? (but not for the price I`ve heard-$45 per disc?) no way!
Scott, I was able to borrow a USB floppy just this afternoon I`ll do like you suggested and thanks for the tip I wanted to see if I could take .kar files that I have downloaded from "freekaraoke" to check out the 2000 vocal system the files worked fine but I think I need a more "sensitive" mic the one I picked-up (don`t laugh radio shack, caus` they take them back) anyway the "sensitivity is : -74db @ 1kHz, is that good or bad? and yes I turned up the knob in the back and the red "led" sometimes flickered , or maybe theres a setting that I overlooked?
Don, Thank you for your help gee this is certainly better than yami tech support!!
Thanks again everyone "IM" jedi2952 if you want to "chat" that is if my "Mac"doesn`t crash because of Instant Messenger hahaha ,thanks all
jedi

#118854 - 04/09/02 08:49 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Jedi & DonM,
Don it's the PSR-1700 it's just loaded with 510 styles. Don your the one that told me about the 1700! Yahoo Groups PSR styles. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/files/
That file will sure change the titles in the Music finder. Yamaha said they couldn't use the correct song titles because of copyright!
All the best,
Nobby

PS: Jedi I have a PSR-510, do you know the name of the style you want I may have it!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 04-09-2002).]

#118855 - 04/09/02 09:20 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
jedi Offline

Hi Nobby,
I just joined that group, didn`t see any styles but I did leave a post. From what I can see of it , it seems like this BBS only harder to navigate (maybe I`m just used to home ) Anyway thank you for the tip I`ll check back and see if anything is posted and if Yamaha is listening get on the ball will ya` your making these KB to cheap and charging to much ,sorry Nobby, just incase!! Thanks again for help!
jedi

#118856 - 04/09/02 09:26 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
jedi Offline

Hi Nobby, again, yes it the "blues style that fits "House of the Rising Sun" like a glove. Sorry I don`t remember the name, but like "AJ" says its perfect it so perfect if you were to use this style with anyother song they would still think your playing "House...."
Thanks
jedi
"Blues Ballad"

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 04-09-2002).]

#118857 - 04/09/02 09:56 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
Nobby Offline

Hi jedi,
If you will send me your your e-mail address I'll send you two blues files from my 1700 styles. I believe they are the same on the 510!
My 510 is over at the church right now or I could check.
My address:
nobby10@nemonet.com
If you get back to me right away I'll send them tonight,
Nobby

------------------

#118858 - 04/09/02 10:17 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
jedi Offline

Hi Nobby, "you have mail'! and once again my thanks if you ever need anything contact me and I`ll try to help
jedi

#118859 - 04/09/02 10:35 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
Nobby Offline

jedi,
I sent them you should have them!
Just double click on your e-mail, and they will be there! They won't take much room,
you could put them on the same floppy you got from your friend that you put the title file on.
Have fun,
Nobby

------------------

#118860 - 04/09/02 11:52 PM Re: PSR2000 Style for....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks for doing that Nobby. It's 2:00 a.m. and I just got in and am really tired. Three jobs tomorrow, so not much time to rest.
DonM

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online