Mo, just a question..doesn't the E60 allow you to select your preference tone in each group [piano, guitar etc]?

Early E series [E600] did this as VA series also..

I think you are missing out on the powerful feature, user [Performance] memories...This could make performing easier for you...
You mentioned you don't use/do songs...I believe you were referring to SMF's, but saving song set ups in user memory[Performance]..can be your set up for "live" play..Rhythm, left hand bass, right hand voices , proper effects and levels....
You can name the user memory , generic names ..like Slow Jazz ballad, or Boogie woogie, Waltz, rhumba.., piano concert, etc..

It is not hard to program the performance set ups..Set up what sounds good for you , including D beam, tempos etc...but save it with a name as a user program...You can copy the same settings with minimal changes like rhythm, tempo , voices and maybe another controller for D beam...name it and save to another user program..
After you have done a dozen of these,,I will bet you do dozens more..because it will make performing so much easier..you will only have to think about playing..

I usually set up performances in groups[My G1000 will show a group of 8 on the page], this also gives me ideas of what to play, because of song titles or genre names..

Give it a try..

BTW: Performances can also be used as favorite sounds[voices], including voice edits...You can lock out all the other [key mode, style/song, transpose etc]..

On most Roland boards you can easily and quickly load another Performance memory[192 on the G1000]group...The data is fairly small and loads quickly...I would think all this can be stored in your flash ram..