SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#118423 - 04/24/03 03:39 PM Re: vocal microphone
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Been using and enjoying an EV767 for over ten years. It's really smooth with unusually high output. I'm looking to explore other mic options now though. Another brand worth considering (in addition to those mentioned) is Audix:
http://www.audixusa.com

I've heard a lot of great reviews on the Audix line as they don't color or hype your voice, but just reproduce what's there. Curious to hear from anyone here who's had experience with the Audix mic line.

Scott

#118424 - 04/25/03 07:07 PM Re: vocal microphone
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
Scott,
I've used both the OM-5 and newer OM-6 vocal mics live and in studio settings and they are some n-i-c-e ... mics.

The OM-5 has a wonderful bright, high output before feedback level. You can cup your hands over the grille at those levels and not get feedback like you would with an SM57/58. The OM-6 is very similar, tho I haven't used them as much.

If you don't need these features in a smaller gig setting, the best mic I've come across for vocal warmth and tone is the AKG C1000-S (that Terry mentioned above). It's a condenser mic and works very well live for lower volume events - i.e. not the mega-watt stage columns and 350w monitors....

One other mic I've used over the years is EV's N/D 257 A and B series. Again, nice warm and a hot mic series.

Regards,
Steve

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online