SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#118176 - 08/22/05 03:23 PM I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
off of e-bay for $47.00 for my 7 year old daughter to try to get her interested in playing....it has lighted keys to help her learn ...did I mention that we are a Yamaha
family...we now have 5 Yammies....I think my 5 year old son wants drums....he keeps beating on his sister with sticks....
Tony Rome

#118177 - 08/22/05 04:34 PM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Dnj Offline

#118178 - 08/22/05 07:36 PM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Tony Rome Offline

Thanks Donny...that is the one....the keys light up to help her learn..she is only 7 so I think it will help her...I hope, I hope, I hope..what do you think....
Tony Rome

#118179 - 08/22/05 08:00 PM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Dnj Offline

Tony way to go.....My dad started me playing at 7 yrs old also and I never looked back....
music is the greatest gift you can give a child....hopefully they will embrace it, love it and enjoy it for the rest of their lives & then pass it on the Magic to future generations..

#118180 - 08/22/05 08:10 PM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I think that keyboard is cool and I almost bought one a couple of years ago when I started to learn how to play. I'm serious.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#118181 - 08/23/05 02:22 AM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Some reflections...

I wonder what the best way is to get kids interested in the piano/keyboards, or learning any instrument? When I was little my parents made me take piano lessons. I hated them so much I must have threw huge tantrums, cause I only lasted about 2 weeks with them!

The great thing was, my Dad played keyboards in a band during the 60's & 70's, so could play all these cool songs on my little toy keyboard. Hearing him play got me reeeally interested and I started learning by mimicking him. I inherited his ability to play by ear, received tons of positive reinforcement by friends/family whenever I did, and I've played ever since!

I always put it down to not being forced to continue with the lessons, when I absolutely hated them, even though I would be a much better sight reader today if I did! I most likely would never have developed my ability to play by ear, or the passion for playing, though.

Carrie

#118182 - 08/23/05 06:30 AM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Tony Rome Offline

Carrie....I agree witht you..that is why I decided to buy this keybooard with the lighted keys so it would be fun for her to learn...she already comes on stage with me here in my restaurant when I sing and she sings along with me...she is a little ham and I'm glad that she is eager to join in, I
thank you for your comments, they are right on the money.....thanks to everyone else for thier input....I can just see Bill Semilive on the EZ150 instead of his 2000 hehehehe...
Tony Rome

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 08-23-2005).]

#118183 - 08/23/05 07:33 AM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I started on accordion when I was 13 years old ... after a year or two I grew tired of practicing, so I stopped taking lessons ... but continued to play ... My teacher was a friend of the family and he suggested that my parents not let me play if I didn't continue with the lessons ... That's what they did and I soon went back to lessons, FORTUNATELY ...
Our daughter took piano for a while, then stopped, ...her talent now is in art ...
Our son took electric bass for a while ... one of the great thrills for me was to have him play a couple of gigs with me when he was in high school ... his talent now is in dentistry ...
Now I just hope our grandchildren, who show some interest, do something with music ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 08-23-2005).]

#118184 - 08/23/05 09:30 AM Re: I just bought a Yamaha EZ 150
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Even if your daughter doesn't become a musician, learning an instrument affects a young brain to grow. Especially in mathematics??? (not sure why that would be)
Children learn best when they play (have fun). Discipline is such a drag.
I was trying to play a left hand piano accompaniment that I picked up from a "The piano guy" DVD and gave up after a while and turned on the accompaniment and started playing. Just a big kid at heart.
Starkeeper
Starkeeper

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online