SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#117716 - 01/18/05 04:43 PM A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
I just received a movie from a friend with his kid practicing a great piece on PSR2000. The kid is practicing for a competition in a big city in North-Eastern China. His name is Shiyu LI and is a very talented kid.

The kid is 12 years old now.

Here is the movie. You need windows media player to play this piece.
http://131.128.90.184/~sylion/djhqpsj.wmv

Here is the music piece in Mp3 format.
http://131.128.90.184/~sylion/djhqpsj.mp3

[This message has been edited by tigerfool (edited 01-18-2005).]

#117717 - 01/18/05 05:13 PM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Wow, the section right after 38 seconds is crazy, thats pretty fast, it almost looks edited because of the strobe light effect, but im sure its not.

Phil

#117718 - 01/18/05 06:30 PM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tigerfool:
... is a very talented kid....

He sure have great talent, thanks for sharing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#117719 - 01/19/05 06:05 AM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
tigerfool Offline

Anybody know German? I can see somebody from our board has post the movie else where. But I donot quite understand. Maybe somebody can help me. My friend wants to know some critiques.

Here is a German one

Here is another German thread

[This message has been edited by tigerfool (edited 01-19-2005).]

#117720 - 01/19/05 07:41 AM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by tigerfool:
I just received a movie from a friend with his kid practicing a great piece on PSR2000. The kid is practicing for a competition in a big city in North-Eastern China. His name is Shiyu LI and is a very talented kid.

I agree. Shiyu is certainly a gifted young arranger keyboardist destined for a great music career. btw, for those don't already know, Shiyu's proud father is Synthzone member: Sylion:
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=sylion

I remember seeing a WMV 1-1/2 years ago of Shyiyu performing, so it's great to see how his playing has grown with this latest WMV. Tigerfool, thanks for sharing.

Scott

#117721 - 01/19/05 09:52 AM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
It looks like musical education in China puts much emphasis on technique. Superb technique for such a young kid! -- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 01-19-2005).]

#117722 - 01/19/05 10:31 AM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Tigerfool,

I posted the thread on the first link.
The second is not in german.

Regarding your question: they say pretty much the same thing as here: very talented kid, very impressive how he uses his left hand to play bass and harmonies at the same time, impressive how he plays with arms crossed, impressive how he feels at ease with his KB (pushing all those buttons).
And so on.
Hope this helps.

Eric

#117723 - 01/19/05 11:33 AM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
tigerfool Offline

Thanks, Eric.

As regard to the music education, yes, the music education put too much effort on techniques.

As to keyboard, there is a standard keyboard testing system from level 1 to level 9 with level 9 the best. For every level, there is a pool of selected music pieces. During the test day, each kid needs to choose one piece to perform and then perform one piece that is chosen randomly by the testing service.

Shiyu has passed level 8 and is working toward level 9 now.

Maybe someone here will share about the music education in other coutries.

#117724 - 01/19/05 12:10 PM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Tigerfool.
It looks as if there have been now more comments from the German Forum:
1. "Just shows you what you can do with a 2000 without a midifile.
2.Can you see how he switches with his left hand and plays bass at the same time?
3.When he is the same age as Michel Voncken and has a "proper machine" he will sit with his back to it and play it behind his back.
4.When I think how old he is now ,we will certainly hear about him.
5.Super youngster who will become a pro.But I wonder if he'll have time for anything else?

Your second link was actually Spanish and said:"You should all see the video"
================

BTW, I remember seeing the first video which this boy made for Xmas 2003 and that was quite something also. He has certainly improved enormously since then.
It surprises me that you say he is 12 years old now. Must be something in the chinese tea that makes all Chinese look quite young compared to westeners

cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#117725 - 01/19/05 04:32 PM Re: A great piece of permance (with PSR 2000) movie from a Chinese kid
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Just watched the clip........... Fantastic!!

I do believe this young man taught me some keyboard technique, especially the way he played the accordian voices. I never tried the 2-hand stuff with a style playing. Gonna try that too!!

Just a thought........Would some of the pros here post some videos of their playing styles?? I seem to learn more watching someones playing style......A video performance could be played back almost instantly for review. Best wishes. -charley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online