SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#117681 - 12/18/06 12:15 AM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
Whether the various reverb sections changes with each preset is optional. (You just select what you require)
When you have adjusted the reverb from the effects tab, choose Save followed by OK (This will maintain the setting) before returning to the Main Screen,.
As well as Global, the Reverb, Mixer, Chorus etc can be set per voice, (Voice Edit) Main Section, (Manuals, Styles/Sequencer, Drums, Mic/OX7 and Additional such as Harmonizer etc) and Individual Section (Drawbars, Longwave Sounds, Real Drums, Waves/MP3, VST 1,2,3, 4 and audio Input 1 and/or 2)
Hope this helps

Bill

#117682 - 12/18/06 04:41 AM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I guess we can score another one for Domenik..The MS has a global Audio effects section..this pertains to the VST instruments.

You can easily go to the effects page and set this globally..

The individual effects remain, only the overall sends are set..globally..

#117683 - 12/18/06 01:25 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Reverb at the amp? Only if you like the sound of EVERYTHING going through the reverb at the same amount! (Drums in a cavern, anyone?!)

So, while there are a few keyboards with workarounds that usually involve changing the registration's reverb settings to a global one (and changing the sound of the registration in the process if it had a different reverb type to the global one), no-one has a simple, set-and-forget knob that just adjusts wet/dry balance in an offset manner (that is, subtract say 20% of of ALL reverb depths no matter the type or section, on EVERY registration you call up).

Now, does anyone think that this WOULD be a good feature to add to arrangers in general? Maybe if anyone else likes this idea, SOMEONE will probably implement it.....

#117684 - 12/18/06 02:01 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Reverb at the amp? Only if you like the sound of EVERYTHING going through the reverb at the same amount! (Drums in a cavern, anyone?!)

So, while there are a few keyboards with workarounds that usually involve changing the registration's reverb settings to a global one (and changing the sound of the registration in the process if it had a different reverb type to the global one), no-one has a simple, set-and-forget knob that just adjusts wet/dry balance in an offset manner (that is, subtract say 20% of of ALL reverb depths no matter the type or section, on EVERY registration you call up).

Now, does anyone think that this WOULD be a good feature to add to arrangers in general? Maybe if anyone else likes this idea, SOMEONE will probably implement it.....

not sure what your on about exactly here, but i assume you want one single knob or slider for GLOBAL reverb. thats GLOBAL as in DRUMS, BASS, Accomp, etc etc. most basic amps have this. i am assuming u want this feature on a keyboard.. as i have explained, Tyros 2 has it...if you dont want to add reverb to drums or other channels u dont have to...

#117685 - 12/18/06 02:21 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
I am a little confused with your last post, (Drums in a cavern) as I thought what you required was to be able to adjust the Global Settings without altering the preset settings, and which can be done on the Wersi.
Your last post however seemed to indicate that your requirement was to be able to alter the reverb on the sounds and not the styles or drums, (Which can also be done on the Wersi, as the styles, sequencer and sounds can be adjusted independently) for this reason I think we may be talking about different things, so could you elaborate more on your requirements.
Regards

Bill

#117686 - 12/18/06 03:08 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Diki Offline

Sorry, Bill..... the 'drums in a cavern' comment was for NickG's idea of putting the entire arranger through a keyboard amp's reverb! Some degree of confusion about what is meant by 'global', I guess.

To try and explain as carefully as I can..... every arranger has at least one, and often two or more different reverb processors aboard. One for the keyboard parts, one for the style or SMF parts, and sometimes one for the Harmonist (the E80 can have as many as six including all the MFX and IFX insert effects units).

To dial back the total amount of reverb on all these different processors is usually a complex and time consuming task, unsuitable to doing quickly on a gig that turns out to be sonically too dull or 'ring-y' for the usual presets. As I said earlier, because of the player's close proximity to his monitor, he may not appreciate this problem, but further out into the room, it gets a lot worse.

What I am hoping that someone can consider is a SINGLE, GLOBAL (in the meaning of 'it applies to ALL reverbs called by by the arranger' in normal operation) parameter that would apply an offset (that means 'no matter WHAT the reverb amount is for every processor, subtract or add the same amount to each'), thus the BALANCE of reverb amount between say a dry-ish drum part and a wetter piano part doesn't change, just the overall amount of reverb as a whole.

'One ring to rule them all' and simplify this task. That's all.

#117687 - 12/18/06 03:45 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Nick G Offline

Ok DIKI i think i now understand exactly what u mean. the only thing is really, when would you need this? most of the time if your perfomance is so great, being slightly off reverb in some areas really wont make a difference. the crowd would never be able to tell the difference.

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 12-18-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 12-18-2006).]

#117688 - 12/18/06 03:58 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
As I said earlier, because of the player's close proximity to his monitor, he may not appreciate this problem, but further out into the room, it gets a lot worse.....

'no matter WHAT the reverb amount is for every processor, subtract or add the same amount to each'), thus the BALANCE of reverb amount between say a dry-ish drum part and a wetter piano part doesn't change, just the overall amount of reverb as a whole.

Kind of figured that explained it perfectly......

I don't want to set every reverb amount to the SAME amount (never said that, ever!). Just imagine there was 40 reverb amount for the drums and 60 for the piano. I want an offset to change all reverbs by e.g. -10. So now I have 30 on the drums and 50 on the piano. Balance is preserved, only the overall amount of reverb changes.

The simplest place to make this control is the total output control of each reverb processor..... You dial THAT down by 20%, and everything that gets fed to it drops it's reverb amount by 20%, no matter HOW much each one is.

Now just gang ALL of the arranger's different effect section's 'reverb output' controls to one dedicated control, and you have the ability to change total reverb amounts WITHOUT changing the balance between one part an d the next.....

Can't see how I could explain it any better, now Nick. I hope you understand, now.....

#117689 - 12/18/06 05:25 PM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
Nick G Offline

well if you take notice, I edited my post about 5 seconds after posting it cos I realised that I made a mistake. Go and read it again. then again forget it, this topic now bores me.

#117690 - 12/19/06 12:28 AM Re: Something interesting Yamaha PSR 3000
abacus Offline

Hi Dikki
I get you now.
With OAS 7 you can do what you require with the instruments, styles etc, (They all have 2 reverb settings each, thus allowing one to be assigned to presets and the other global) however as far as I am aware the microphone, and any other equipment that is connected has to be adjusted independently. (OAS 7 users will probably be better to answer this as I am still running OAS 6)
Hope this helps

Bill

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online