SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#117422 - 05/16/06 12:06 PM Re: Anyone Selling their TYROS 2 Yamaha MS02 Speakers ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:

How does the sound compare? Does the Yammy set-up sound better than the Logitechs?

imo, though the Logitech deliver impressive bass, it's satellite speakers lack adequate mid-range presence, particularly important for vocals, and the reason I returned the Logitech system when I initially purchased it for my Tyros1 keyboard. The Yamaha TRS-MS02 system, on the other hand provides both adequate bass & better mid range response, but more importantly, able to mount directly atop Tyros2 and conveniently plug directly into the back of Tyros2, eliminating extraneous wiring & satellite speaker mounting/placement that the Logitech system requires. The problem I find with the TRS-MS02 satellite speakers is that they sound too brash (harsh & grating) and quickly become fatiguing (at least to my ears). The Bose 161's on the other hand deliver vastly improved mid frequencies & much smoother frequency response to boot. This system provides the 'best sounding' portable quick & EZ setup sound system for Tyros2 in my opinion suitable for small venues. - Scott

#117423 - 05/16/06 03:56 PM Re: Anyone Selling their TYROS 2 Yamaha MS02 Speakers ?
Dnj Offline

I'll agree with all that Scott is saying above ...I also had the Z2200's & there was hardly any midrange for vocals & too much boomy bass....

Just to be sure I just played 3 small gigs with just the T2 & the Yamaha MS50 speakers w/sub (black older version) just to be sure it could do the job.....I'll tell ya, I was impressed & in a small situation with 25-75 people it covered nicely, a little EQ goes a long way .......with that said ...

I went ahead & ordered a Set of TYROS TRS M02 speakersw/sub from SZ Member/Dealer George Kaye who gave me a nice deal.......if your interested in gear give him a shout he'll do you right, he even called me to chat about it also,
great honest dealer !!
Im impressed with the ease of hook up/brackets and the sound is very very usuable for sure...
Down the road I would love to A/B the T2 Satlites with the Bose 161's as per Scotts recomendation also just to settle my curiosity.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-16-2006).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online