SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#117329 - 12/08/05 06:07 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Yes I agree Wersi are quite expensive, and this has always been the case since the company started in about 1969, however there products in most cases have been so far in front of the competition (And even the early instruments were upgradeable) that people have always been prepared to pay a premium.
Interestingly as the new upgrades have been fitted, the price of the instruments since the new team took over about 2 years ago has not increased, (Unlike most manufactures) so the difference in price between Wersi and other manufactures is reducing, also if you look at the price the original Wersi owners have paid to upgrade to the 2005 versions, this has only been a small amount, compared to the losses made by others who had to trade in their instruments for new versions, (2 or 3 times in some cases over the same period of time) so in the long term the Wersi instruments work out cheaper.
One of the reasons I think Wersi are more expensive then Lionstracs, is because as they were developed in the late nineties, the only operating system available to them was Windows (The open source operating system Linux was around, but in such a limited state that it could not at the time be used as the basis for a keyboard, whereas when the Mediastation was developed the Linux software was more developed and so could be used) which meant paying license fees to Microsoft.
Regarding the apparent bad treatment of a particular customer, it has been well known in Wersi and other circles as well as being featured on many other forums, and if you read all the posts (Including between the lines) it is not as clear cut as it seems.
I myself reserve judgment at present, (Although as it has been going on for 18 months or so, its about time it was sorted) as since the new team took over things have improved a lot, (I have also met them at the various festivals) so am prepared at this moment in time to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Bill

#117330 - 12/08/05 06:37 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Yes Midiroel,that was the story.
Bill i am not condemning, i am reflecting on what has been said in the past,i agree that Abacus is a highly praised keyboard,others have said they were concerned about windows operating system possible bugs or crashes.
All products have market leaders,look at Rolls Royce,at one time they were the most expensive car in the world,and people associated rolls as the best,so people tend to pay extra for the privelidge of "having the best" now that is not maybe true.
I am sure that the wersi is an excellent keyboard,but i also think that if they want to take more of a market share,then they must reduce their profits and reduce their prices.Maybe they would not be able to supply the demand if they cut prices. Liontracs on the other hand is doing a similar product at a cheaper price,they could steal a large part of wersi business, providing they straighten themselves out,mike

#117331 - 12/08/05 08:37 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
All I have to say is that I am VERY impressed with the Mediastation X76. I'd love to have one myself, but I know my wife/financial advisor would skin me alive for spending that amount of money on one of these puppies.

I love the design and layout of the Mediatation. Something about the cosmetic look of that board is very appealing to me.

Having DSL internet I've been able to listen and see the demos. I think that even though they sound may be a bit gritty, the overall quality is quite good. Also the power behind this beast isn't just the preset voices, but what all can be loaded into via software That's where the power is in this baby. Too bad there's no place to try them in my area.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#117332 - 12/08/05 11:18 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
so i guess the theme to take from the Abacus story is that Mediastation is not as bad as them ??

UMMMMMM.....interesting marketing angle ..
You might want to rethink that one midiroel!! ( by the way thats just my hummour dont take offense)

#117333 - 12/10/05 04:27 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
If any of you read my posts regarding the Mediastation (yes I had one) you'll realise just how bad this instrument was and how Domenico tried to defend his company after selling me faulty goods.
Maybe if they spent more time trying to make something that worked instead of rushing pre production products out and acting childish on here with lame comments to me they would be able to compete with the bigger brands, until then they can keep their expensive toys.
The Mediastation caused me nothing but grief for well over a month! By the way the poor demos on their web site actually show the true sound of the instrument. If you want an arranger stay clear of this as it is not for arranger use. It does have huge potential, if only someone bigger could take the technology and make it work for them instead. I think another company is doing this, my guess is General Music (GEM), but this is NOT definite it's only a guess on my part. Who knows ? Is anyone bothered on here lol

#117334 - 12/10/05 04:44 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Mediastation would get a lot of boost if someone like Nigel, George Kaye, UD, Dnj, Scott, you know the main characters here in the board have tried it and put their stamp of approval. Not even one has tried it on their own. Maybe one guy I remember a posted saying something very positive - sorry could not remember who.

If say Nigel or one of the guys tried it and liked it - you know it carries a lot of weight than some dude we don't know very well.

#117335 - 12/11/05 08:58 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands

#117336 - 12/11/05 09:00 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Craig_UK Offline

lukitoh the main posters on here have more sense than to try it after reading all the posts about it.
As I stated earlier and a few months ago, I purchased the top model (£2600 so not cheap) and it was shockingly bad.
Fair enough it had some faults on arrival (later found to be Domenico's fault as he had built it up wrong or something like that) but when it worked the sounds and styles were no better than a Casio or Yamaha PSR I could have picked up for a couple of hundred quid.
I was hoping the sounds used on the demos on Lionstracs site were old pre production stuff but nope, it does sound like that when you sit down and play one. It brings tears to your eyes especially when you see your bank balance and what you have in return.
Dom is always updating stuff for it which seems to be something to correct a fault, which then leads to yet another fault so it never ends. I even had to reformat mine on Dom's instructions after only 3 days because it was so bad. You do not expect to have to do something like this in such a short time!
All I can say is that if you are considering one, do not purchase without seeing one. This means you will have to go to Lionstracs in Italy or since they are popular in Lebanon you could pay them a visit lol
I doubt you will ever see any in the UK since Domenico is refusing to sell them to this country after a couple of people complained back to him that he had sold them faulty goods (Doms words here not mine).
Potential buyers beware, do not fall for the sales pitch and the promise that this is the do all and end all of all keyboards like I did as it is certainly not.
On a more positive side, Dom did refund me without me having to get the Euroepan trading standards onto him who I'd actually got waiting to act on my behalf so they are good in that respect. Also the potential for this keyboard is there if only someone larger could invest some serious money into making everything work inside it. As it stands I think they are shipping these when they should still be in the production and checking stages.
If you want to pay £2600 to be a Guinea pig for Lionstracs then go ahead.

I've just heard all the newer demos posted on Lionstracs site
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=37&catid=37&Itemid=59

They go from bad to worse in my opinion. Nice to see a different demonstrator, but this one seems to look totally baffled or he's trying not to fall asleep at the keyboard. Does he actually know how the instrument works?
Take a listen to their rendition of the Titanic, ahhhhhhhhhh I'd be ashamed to post something this bad. How on earth can someone want to buy one of these after listening to all of the poor demos, I can't believe that Lionstracs are still posting bad demos even after the new sounds and styles have been done for them (Groove Park was it). If this is the new quality Dom you told me I would be missing out on by getting a refund, then I'm delighted I sent it back to you 'cause I have missed out on nothing.
Long live my TYROS 2 and the others I have!

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 12-11-2005).]

#117337 - 12/11/05 01:43 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi everybody!
Everything what i read now is a very Interesting
But i would like to ask Mister professional - Craig_UC (as i see so many nice words about this MS)
Why Tyros 2 is better then Mediastation x-76?
I saw all the videos too and i do not think that is so bad. In the video of the 30 mins the MS was played with out bugs and it seems a very stable OS. I saw that they can play GiGA files and VST Plugs too.
Is the Tyros 2 able to play in the same way?
May you record some video and shown as how you can play better?
( If you really a performer, i hope you have no shame of shown something)
Regards

#117338 - 12/11/05 03:13 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Craig_UK Offline

Did I ever say the Tyros 2 was better than the Mediastation - NO I DID NOT

Do you also think I would go to the expense of paying for someone to video me and upload it professionally onto a site just to keep the minority (1 person) entertained - NOPE

If you like the Mediastation so much then go and buy one.

Tyros 2 doesn't do VST or Giga. I couldn't care less as my PC and MAC caters for those instead. The Mediastation didn't load 99% of VST plugins I have anyway so what use is that?

As for MR Professional or whatever you put yes I do play professionally and I don't intend wasting my time replying to you anymore. The Mediastation for me was poor, for others I am sure it will fill all of their needs if Lionstracs have got it working now.
This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions whether good or bad. It would be a sad place and nobody would bother with Synthzone if we all agreed on the same points LOL

By the way do you happen to be the person playing on the new demos I wonder?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online