SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#117319 - 12/07/05 01:45 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by claudiu:
what did he say.. ? Oh my god..he's spamming...YO DUDE STOP !!

Or perhaps that was the reply to my question of when Mediastation is coming to the dealers where we can try it for ourselves.

#117320 - 12/07/05 01:50 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Nigel probably erased the text - just a guess !

#117321 - 12/07/05 02:27 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
but did he swear ? what a creep...this is a very cool forum and i'm fully enjoying it...please nigel and other administrators, do not allow these weird creeps who have nothing in common with music to mess up this cool athmosphere !

#117322 - 12/07/05 05:02 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I'm sorry but I don't get it. I've got to defend Dominic and Liontracks. Both Dominic and Liontracks heve heard nothing but grief and sarcasim every since they introduced their product. It is obvious that they are a low budget operation trying to make a go of it. Also maybe they are better computer people than they are marketing people.

Many of us would love to have an arranger completly upgradable by software. An arranger that could use any of the excellent samples available commercially. It was exactly that premise that convinced me to purchase a Ketron X1. Unfortunately Ketron abandoned the X1 and reniged on their promise. I hope Liontracks puts all of them out of business.

I can understand Dominic's attitude. He and his company IMO were never givin a fair chance.

At least Squeak and Donny have keep their minds open and the snide comments out of their posts.

I don't want to keep worshiping at the thrown of Yamaha or any of the rest of them. They are milking us everytime they introduce a new product that is nothing more than the old product with a couple of features that they could have included on the prior model.

Let's wish Liontracks all the success in the world.

Tom

Tom

#117323 - 12/07/05 09:46 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom, I hope the technology succeeds also, but I could never buy something from a person who has presented himself and his company in such a childish manner.
DonM

#117324 - 12/07/05 10:34 PM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
I'm sorry but I don't get it. I've got to defend Dominic and Liontracks. Both Dominic and Liontracks heve heard nothing but grief and sarcasim every since they introduced their product. It is obvious that they are a low budget operation trying to make a go of it. Also maybe they are better computer people than they are marketing people.

Many of us would love to have an arranger completly upgradable by software. An arranger that could use any of the excellent samples available commercially. It was exactly that premise that convinced me to purchase a Ketron X1. Unfortunately Ketron abandoned the X1 and reniged on their promise. I hope Liontracks puts all of them out of business.

I can understand Dominic's attitude. He and his company IMO were never givin a fair chance.

At least Squeak and Donny have keep their minds open and the snide comments out of their posts.

I don't want to keep worshiping at the thrown of Yamaha or any of the rest of them. They are milking us everytime they introduce a new product that is nothing more than the old product with a couple of features that they could have included on the prior model.

Tom

I agree wholeheartedly with every word you say, Tom.
This is why Yamaha never got my money for the Ty2, which, after several visits to my local music store, I find is nothing more than a teeny improvement over Ty 1.
However, this MIDIROEL only makes matters worse for LT.

#117325 - 12/08/05 12:47 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:

Tom

Tom, I agree with giving a chance and all that and lease add me to Squeak and Donny as a supporter to the whole Mediastation concept but there is a certain way to conduct business, and Lionstracs or Domenico or whoever is posting here, is not aware of that.

As you said, they are perhaps more computer persons than a marketing persons and we know there is a huge difference between the two.

As I stated in a heated discussion in August, regarding a kind of offer "Mediastation for styles" that Domenico wrote about, IMHO Domenico was not the right person to represent the company, at least in this forum and in writing and in the English language, regardless if he owned the company or not. Too hot tempered, too protective to his "brainchild" the Mediastation, too deaf to realise what is constructive criticism trying to help and what is just written with the purpose of bashing his product/company/him. Please take a look at my posts in
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010918-2.html and you'll see what I mean.

Apart from very few, most of the guys here simply stated that they would like to try the keyboard in person so they could evaluate, and they asked for better quality demos, they simply got answers like "you can't realise the arranger revolution going on, you are not good enough to judge me or my product, etc"

In a old book for sales I read once (those pocket "100 ways to sell" things), they tried to be humorous and wrote "Try to see the General Manager directly, don't see the accountant, because after you sell the idea to the accountant, he will have to sell it himself to the General Manager, and if accountants could sell, they wouldn't be accountants, they would be salesmen"

Now substitute the word "accountant" with "engineer".

IMHO, everything Domenico said in this forum was coming from the lips of an accountant/engineer/programmer, and that was his problem. Mediastation may be good enough, maybe brilliant, but he can't present it the right way. People here still wait for demos with acceptable sound. If they like it, and they think it will enhance their show and bring money to their pockets/families, they will buy it. Domenico seems to not realise that.

Sorry for the length of my post, I'll slung back to my hole now,
Theodore

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 12-08-2005).]

#117326 - 12/08/05 01:15 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:

Many of us would love to have an arranger completly upgradable by software. An arranger that could use any of the excellent samples available commercially.

Tom

Take a look at Wersi OAS instruments, as they introduced the software upgradeable computer based OAS keyboards in 2000, original ones using OAS 2 and now all new instruments run OAS 7, with the updates for existing users due out shortly. (A more advanced jump in quality then the upgrade from OAS 4 to OAS 5, which itself was a major update and the coming of age of the OAS software)
The fact that Wersi instruments are now 5 years old, and still capable of being upgraded in to a virtually new instrument, proves that the software based keyboard (Which also now includes Korg oasis and Liontracs) is viable.

Bill

#117327 - 12/08/05 02:49 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Bill,the Wersi may be an excellent keyboard, (they also have complaints, i read a terrible story on the net how a person was badly treated by them)but i have heard it said many times that it is soooo expensive,the way i see it is Liontracs is doing something very similar for a much cheaper price,and i think with perseverence they will get there,but their attitude does need to change for the better.mike

#117328 - 12/08/05 04:45 AM Re: MEDIASTATION X-76 - Arranger - WOW! :-)
MIDIROEL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
Bill,the Wersi may be an excellent keyboard, (they also have complaints, i read a terrible story on the net how a person was badly treated by them)but i have heard it said many times that it is soooo expensive,the way i see it is Liontracs is doing something very similar for a much cheaper price,and i think with perseverence they will get there,but their attitude does need to change for the better.mike

Hi friends and hello Mike!

Sorry, for the some last little bit hard words.
I know, it was a little bit hard......ok excuse me!
That's the point, that I have deleted all! ;-)

BUT........IF anybody don't want to give always comments like "shitt" , Domenico will post here again positive, nice and sympathic!

Mike, you mean this story of a customer, who had bought a Wersi?

Just now, read this:
http://www.mercy-no-wersi.com/

It's also in english language.
This is official in internet.

Cheers and have fun.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online