SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#117201 - 07/19/07 12:53 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
OK - I have pictures of my new modified kb/lt/T1 stand ..... how do I post them????
I'll send them to Donny - he can post ANY pic !

Dave, they just need to be put somewhere on the Internet so they can be linked to. Either Donny can make them available or you can send them to me to put on Synth Zone for you.

#117202 - 07/19/07 04:54 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
OK - I have pictures of my new modified kb/lt/T1 stand ..... how do I post them????
I'll send them to Donny - he can post ANY pic !

#117203 - 07/19/07 06:30 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Thanx Nigel - Donny came through for me !
That ugly colored wire will be routed and hidden, of cource, but you can get an idea of how neat and tidy the setup is. The Laptop is off to the left, so it does not block my view, nor does it suggest that I need to read from it. ( I hate when they think that, but ...... whatchagonnado? )
Just thought I'd show you guys the modification!

Hey Nigel! One more little thing that may interest you - I bought a Fender VG yesterday. It's an American Strat with a Roland pickup in it and 37 on board models of guitars like Tele's, Pauls' acoustics and 12 strings! It even has a few preset detunings! It's a great Strat all on it's own, but with the flip of a switch, it's a DropD acoustic, or a screamin' Tele ... I LOVE this thing !

I'm playing more guitar down at the Jersey shore, so this baby will get plenty of use this summer ... if it ever stops RAINING !! Grrrrrrrrrrrr I lost 3 days so far.

Tonight's the debut of the Strat and the T1 .... so stay tuned folks !

#117204 - 07/21/07 03:17 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Thanx Nigel - Donny came through for me !
!

UD what is the laptop stand constructed of ? How is attached to the X stand?

#117205 - 07/21/07 05:25 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

I started with a conventional "X" stand. Double braced for solid, no bounce. I then added 2 Qik-Lok mic boom arm attachments, only for the laptop, I took out the boom and modified some Ultimate support parts from the old tubular stands to create a moveable, collapsable tray.
The little silver rod you see under the laptop was custom made for me at a machine shop. It's just a threaded rod that fits the boom holder on the bottom, and allows me to screw a flange on top to slide the tube through !

If this setup ever breaks - I'm in BIG trouble. The mic boom arms have been discontinued, and i don;t remember where that machine shop guy lives ! I know he's down near Gary Diamond somewhere, in Maryland.

I was cancelled twice this week, so I still haven't road tested the mixer - tonight's indoors......... I'll report after work !

#117206 - 07/21/07 07:34 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Drat the weather. No matter how much you work to improve your sound/performance/presentation, some things remain out of our control. The hands of mother nature or the injured hands from the hands of fate. (or klutziness)
I feel your frustation Dave, and then some.
Well, anyways, it's good to hear you excited and posting again.
Your frequent absences from the zone lately are really our loss and stand out like a big pink elephant in the middle of the room.
Good luck with the new toys/setup. And I can recommend checking out the s-900. The difference cost-wise (after trading in or selling 3000) is minor compared to added benefits imho.
Jim

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 07-21-2007).]

#117207 - 07/21/07 07:49 AM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

JIm,
I'd love to get an S900, but it's so far down the list of priorities these days! If I can sell my 3k .... the 900 is next up !

#117208 - 07/22/07 02:12 PM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
UD...no Bontempi? Man, am I PISSED!

R.

#117209 - 07/22/07 02:17 PM Re: UPS/BOSE just woke me up early !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Naw, Captain .... that thing is too precious for me to risk taking out with the drunks !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online