SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116991 - 03/22/07 06:55 AM Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Let's hear some of those great Yamaha orchestral voices..... If there's one thing that never gets showcased here is Yamaha's very good and very strong orchestral voices. Anyone have any orchestral work they've done from scratch or a popular song they've recorded using Yammies orchestral voices?

I've always said if I ever buy another Yammie again it would be because the orchestral voices on the PSR's and Tyros are really good. The sweet oboe is amazing! The PSR's really shine on orechestral, film score, and other instrumental type music that would require good orchestral voices.

Anyone got some orchestral work to share?? I may be a modern music nut, but man classical and orchestral music just hits my spot. At one time I had over 300 classical CD's alone!!! Then my ex stole them and pawned em (Bit**)

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-22-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#116992 - 03/22/07 07:32 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Come'on folks I know ya got em Don't tell me members here aren't using those greaat orechestral voices. I'd love to hear them...

IMO (even though I'm a Roland guy) Yamaha's orchestral sounds dance circles around Roland, and their strings are catching up to Korg real fast. It used to be that if you wanted great strings sound you knew Korg was the way to go, but that's changing now.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#116993 - 03/22/07 11:34 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

I guess no one here has any.

#116994 - 03/23/07 01:16 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Awwww im sorry man. Im sure ppl will reply later. I love the tyros live strings

#116995 - 03/23/07 02:57 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
here you go - just recorded these they are fresh out of the oven...(please excuse a few playing errors here and there)

2 live recordings from my Tyros 2 - all voices are standard panel voices, no DSP tweaking has been done at all. It is what you hear straight out of the box... the drum kit you are hearing in the Godfather theme is the Live! power kit1

for now i can only email them... i have an account with You Send it but i cant figure out how to upload stuff for people to see.. at the moment it only allows me to send files via email... ??

#116996 - 03/23/07 03:26 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Nick go to www.esnips.com FREE and 1 gig of storage! All your stuff will be there for other's to enjoy I've got an account there.

Squeak

#116997 - 03/23/07 03:35 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia

#116998 - 03/23/07 03:42 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Sounds good Nick. Hey on the Pach. composition, adjust the "attack" on that violin just a tad

#116999 - 03/25/07 01:04 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
F161 Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Let's hear some of those great Yamaha orchestral voices..... If there's one thing that never gets showcased here is Yamaha's very good and very strong orchestral voices. Anyone have any orchestral work they've done from scratch or a popular song they've recorded using Yammies orchestral voices?

I've always said if I ever buy another Yammie again it would be because the orchestral voices on the PSR's and Tyros are really good. The sweet oboe is amazing! The PSR's really shine on orechestral, film score, and other instrumental type music that would require good orchestral voices.

Anyone got some orchestral work to share?? I may be a modern music nut, but man classical and orchestral music just hits my spot. At one time I had over 300 classical CD's alone!!! Then my ex stole them and pawned em (Bit**)

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-22-2007).]

Agreed squeak, the Yammie Sweet Oboe sample is stunning - it has always been one of my personal favourites......very expressive. I think Nick's Godfather track really does the voice justice.

I sold my 3000 two months ago with a view of getting a T2 or S900. Damn, I really miss playing those Yamaha orchestral sounds at the moment.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by F161 (edited 03-25-2007).]

#117000 - 03/25/07 01:20 AM Re: Yamaha owners.. Post some demos of those great Yammie orchestral voices!!!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great job Nick...I have the sweet oboe on the PSR-3000...superb voice.

Thanks for the cool demo.

Ian

------------------
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online