SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#116922 - 10/14/07 04:53 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My mistake, Nigel, no offense intended.

But the decision to moderate a LITTLE more tightly, recently seems to have payed off, and my guess is that if this level of forced behavior (no-one was moderating themselves, for sure!) is continued consistently for a few months, those that actually WANT to sling mud will go elsewhere, and those that just react to it will no longer have cause...

But whatever the reason, it IS nice to see some more civility here! Kudos! Keep it up...!

#116923 - 10/14/07 05:00 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I'm still waiting for Dave to show me where Nigel is being bashed or slammed or abused....
Yes, the forum has settled down quite a bit for whatever reason and I would like to see it stay that way...Dave, please show me the posts...thank you

#116924 - 10/14/07 05:08 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tony,
Please make your own observations. I refuse to fuel the fires of any name calling or mud slinging in person. My statement stirred enough emotion to prove the point. Let's just think and move on.

#116925 - 10/14/07 06:00 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just finished my second green coconut margaretta, read all the posts, then thought seriously about a third. Nigel does a great job of keeping things functional around here, booting an occasional idiot, and most of all, allows the forum to be as open as possible. Sure, there's an a**hole or two, but for the most part, pissing contests seem to be down, and for a change good information seems to be flowing again. Glad to see the forum making the transition back to some degree of sanity, and I sincerely thank Nigel for all he has done to keep the forum alive. It's his ballgame, and he calls the shots. We're just interlopers.

Thanks Nigel,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#116926 - 10/14/07 07:17 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
My mistake, Nigel, no offense intended.

But the decision to moderate a LITTLE more tightly, recently seems to have payed off

No problem Diki. No offense was taken

But you are right. Because I made it known I was starting to get pissed off by some of the misbehavior there does seem to have been a lot more self moderation lately. That's all I ever asked for, and that isn't too much to ask of mature adults.

I appreciate the support on this thread from you all. But I will probably close this thread soon because it has definately served it's purpose and I don't think it needs to remain as an ongoing topic in the recent postings listing.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-14-2007).]

#116927 - 10/14/07 08:30 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Before it's too late then....

THANKS Nigel for keeping Synthzone running. Not having posted very much recently I did still visit very regularly and got my 'fix'. It has been a lifeline for me during the past twelve months and has been part of my life for nigh on 8 years. Thats a long time especially for the internet where things are often here today and gone tomorrow.

Long may it continue.
Best wishes
Tony

#116928 - 10/15/07 05:26 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
I'm still waiting for Dave to show me where Nigel is being bashed or slammed or abused....
Yes, the forum has settled down quite a bit for whatever reason and I would like to see it stay that way...Dave, please show me the posts...thank you

Like you, Tony, I fail to see any bashing or abusing, but Dave started this whole thread with those allegations.

I think the reason he's failed to show you any such posts is because there aren't any.

I also like the new peacefulness on the forum, and like you, I hope it continues.

It is a cool place, for sure.

Ian

#116929 - 10/15/07 09:11 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Nigel-

Uh, now might be a good time as any to close this thread...

#116930 - 10/15/07 09:12 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Thanks Ian....however, it's Dave's thread and he chooses to keep it to himself it's his call....let's just keep "keeping the peace" and continue to make music and enjoy the forum, Nigel has provided this most informative forum on the net, thank you again Nigel and hope that the trouble makers just stay toned down, make music...
Dave, still waiting for nightingale....
TR

#116931 - 10/15/07 09:13 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Right on, Bill.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online