SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#116892 - 10/11/07 08:03 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Sheesh .... I can't believe people are really bashing our GREAT host and friend!
Man, oh man .... just go away and complain to someone else!

Unless I missed something, I too have seen no evidence of anyone bashing Nigel. The ONLY bashing I've witnessed was between members.

That said, along with the recent homecoming return of many respected longtime member friends, I'm really encouraged by the new air of optimimism & civility the forum seems to have taken now. Interestingly enough, the only negativity that I sense now is the tone of this thread's 'topic' title. - Scott

- Scott

#116893 - 10/11/07 08:11 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I can't say that he is entirely off-base.

Chas, if indeed (as you appear to suspect) Uncle Dave's 'TRULY BASHING' remarks were directed at me, I would hardly call what I merely expressed as 'personal opinion', as:

"bashing" Nigel, nor

grounds for Uncle Dave calling for me to

"go away and complain to someone else", and then add:

"if you don't like it - you don't have to play", and then adding insult to injury, claiming:

"In fact, many of us (ME included) would rather you DIDN'T".

It would be interesting to know just 'how many' people here really feel the way Uncle Dave does as other than perhaps the same group of 3-5 people, I think I'm pretty well received here.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-11-2007).]

#116894 - 10/11/07 08:12 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I could be all wrong here but I believe it was this quote that triggered UD's post:

"Though others may not agree, I honestly sense an urgency now for a more active forum moderator(s) who can devote more time to better keeping tabs on the threads to keep them focussed on topic, as well as prevent them from becoming so easily hijacked (and escalated into all out war) as they have so often become recently.

Scott"

If that's the case, then I can't say that he is entirely off-base. Is that open enough?

chas

Thanks Chas...much better than vague...but still, that's only your guess...only the original poster knows for sure.

And I agree with you, I didn't think Scott was entirely off base either...just a bit overly concerned...much like Dave, I guess.

Ian

#116895 - 10/11/07 08:24 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Thanks Chas...much better than vague...but still, that's only your guess...only the original poster knows for sure.

And I agree with you, I didn't think Scott was entirely off base either...just a bit overly concerned...much like Dave, I guess.

Ian

Sorry Ian, I guess I wasn't entirely clear. I was referring to UD, not Scott.

chas

#116896 - 10/11/07 08:32 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You tell 'em, "PHILLY FLASH". I understand Nigel's commitment to free speach. What I haven't understood, occasionally, is a lack of appreciation of "Nige" and unnecessary rudeness and confrontation. But, you know what? I think I know this group, and most of the foolishness would disappear if we were "face to face".

Let's face it folks...we LIKE each other!
(I think UD's a gullible "dork", but he's "cute as a button").

"Redneck" Russ

#116897 - 10/11/07 09:01 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Rock on Nigel ... we're with you !!!
t.

#116898 - 10/11/07 09:49 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Dave....Please direct me to the posts that are negative or bashing Nigel, I must have missed it and would like to see it and who posted it....thanks....still looking for your nightingale song....
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 10-11-2007).]

#116899 - 10/11/07 09:52 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Keep up the great work Nigel !

And thank you for creating a place where help can be found and new ideas to surface.

Things change , they always do , but sometimes the more things change the more things stay the same.

We must remember that we are all equal and that there are no boundaries here.

Music is a passion , a way of live and a way for one to express him or herself.

Getting the help and new ideas to do so is what this forum is all about , or at least it should be , and for the most part it finds it`s needs to express, with upmost success.

Thanks again,

Gary

#116900 - 10/11/07 11:25 AM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
Dnj Offline

Now all we need is Fran to return and we'll be all set again in musical bliss.
Just stop rehashing the past & move on.

#116901 - 10/11/07 12:02 PM Re: If you don't like the way Nigel runs things....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Scott, please don't think that I'm trying to give you a shot, but it was this quote ("I honestly sense an urgency now for a more active forum moderator") that I took issue with, as I sense no such "urgency" in any of the posts I've read. On the contrary, although I seriously doubt that I'm one of Nigel's favorite posters, I applaud his fairness and willingness to tolorate a diversity of opinions and even sometimes, a little silliness.

I can't speak for the others but for me, I need a fair and open-minded moderater, I don't need a "Mommy".

chas

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online