SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#116637 - 06/05/07 11:44 AM Re: How many use multiple keyboards on the gig?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I bet your roadies just LOVED you!

Which two do you use to replace all that kit? And what style of music was all that used for... Looks like a great prog-rocker's rig...

Roadies? I don't need no stinking roadies! Being the somewhat meticulous kind of guy that I am I wouldn't have trusted anyone else to mess with my rig anyway. I had a Dodge stretch van (the kind where the motor was kind of in between the two front seats) that everything except my two bass dumps would fit into.

Our set list consisted of King Crimson, Genesis, Yes and also bands that were more current at that time like Boston, etc.

Dave

#116638 - 06/05/07 12:43 PM Re: How many use multiple keyboards on the gig?
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Okay Dave,

I concede (humbly takes crown of my head and holds it out to King Dave)

I'm not worthy!!!! (Bows low)

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#116639 - 06/05/07 12:59 PM Re: How many use multiple keyboards on the gig?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So dave, can I assume that you are NOT one of the '25 lb. and under' at ANY cost crowd..?

#116640 - 06/05/07 06:20 PM Re: How many use multiple keyboards on the gig?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So dave, can I assume that you are NOT one of the '25 lb. and under' at ANY cost crowd..?

The heavier the better!!! But seriously...

The weight has never been an issue really. If the sound that I am looking for happens to come in a hefty package then so be it. Of course I'm not saying that some of these lighter keyboards don't sound good, they're just not for me.

I've got to say that I had the most fun playing when I was surrounded by all those keyboards. And mind you there were no presets on any of those. Most of the time I was programming the synths that I was not playing on the current tune getting them ready for the next song. It was work but man it was fun! Unfortunately many of the younger players have no idea of just what was involved back then or just how amazing the new instruments all-in-one instruments really are.

Dave

#116641 - 06/06/07 10:53 AM Re: How many use multiple keyboards on the gig?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh to be young again! I feel guilty enough just limiting myself to ONE keyboard for gigs, but at least I don't mind HOW much it weighs, as long as it ROCKS...!

Any estimate on the total weight of that entire rig...?

#116642 - 06/06/07 02:02 PM Re: How many use multiple keyboards on the gig?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh to be young again! I feel guilty enough just limiting myself to ONE keyboard for gigs, but at least I don't mind HOW much it weighs, as long as it ROCKS...!

Any estimate on the total weight of that entire rig...?

A quick guesstimate is around 1585 lbs. But it really sounded great...and looked cool .

I had a 196? Dodge stretch van. The kind where the engine was sort of between the two front seats and the engine cover was like a huge pod growing up from the floor. It wasn't coming out from under the dashboard like todays full size vans but was actually back from the dashboard so you could step from the drivers seat to the passenger seat if you so desired. I filled that completely and had to let the Hammond and one Mellotron ride in the band van. Ah, memories...

Dave

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-06-2007).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online