Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#116557 - 12/23/06 10:41 PM New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
click here

Hi All

Just found this on the German Forum.

It features Peter Baartmans and the new features available to keyboards with Internet Connection for lots of music goodies.

cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 12-23-2006).]

#116558 - 12/23/06 11:26 PM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Eddie, Thanks for sharing this great site .
I've only had my T2 a few weeks and I'm very pleased with the T2 .

Regards ..............Giovanni

#116559 - 12/23/06 11:44 PM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Giovanni
The T2 is an amazing board. You are very fortunate to own one.Enjoy.
Make sure you see as much of Peter Baartmans videos as you can, he inspires !!!!(there are some on my website)
regards
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#116560 - 12/24/06 03:41 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Eddie:

Thanks for that info and link to the video. I few weeks ago I signed up with Yamaha and they sent me a free USB lan connector. I hadn't taken the time to try it out. After seeing the video I'm going to have give the IDC a try.

#116561 - 12/24/06 07:21 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I dont own a yammy any longer but this is exactly what the arranger market wants ! There are over 8000 styles on the site all optimised for the yamaha range so no need for endless tweaking the styles (unless you really want to ) . All the hard work has been done for the user. The styles are all free and there are tutorials teaching the user how to use the styles to their best effect. In effect the site has an arranger music coach !! This really is the futuire of arranger keyboardsn and if i did not already own my PAX i would look again at the yamaha range simply because of this unprecendented support and commitment to the range. WEll done Yamaha.

#116562 - 12/24/06 08:51 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#116563 - 12/24/06 08:52 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Dnj Offline

Are these new "FREE IDC styles" that same as the ones people paid for months back....?

#116564 - 12/24/06 10:38 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Spalding

I didn't have a chance to locate these free 8000 styles. Are you refering to the Yamaha IDC site, or are you refering to psrtutorial.com site?

Yamaha just emailed me and said for the month of December there is 20% off what I took as the IDC site styles.

Best
Scott

#116565 - 12/24/06 11:40 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
spalding Offline

fromwhat i had remember ed from the video peter baartram said that they were free. I will check again He definately said something was free !

#116566 - 12/24/06 11:53 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
spalding Offline

I got the wrong end of the stick. He was talking about music finder plus and the fact that all the most appropriate setups are done for you. There will be over 8000 songs (not styles ) available to download from April 2007 and they will all be free. My bad. I will master the English language some day ( yes i am English !)

#116567 - 12/24/06 01:35 PM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Wow, from under 2500 to 8000 entries? It's always a good starting point to get ideas for what songs to play and see what they chose for a style, but, I'll have to admit, I don't use most of their suggestions. Different strokes for different folks.

Scott

#116568 - 12/24/06 02:29 PM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
I don't use most of their suggestions. Different strokes for different folks.Scott

I'll agree.....the fun of playing is to improvise your OWN styles arrangements....btw I have NEVER used the MFD

#116569 - 12/24/06 07:01 PM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Eddie: Thanks for the link to the video. I too have never used the music finder on my T2 as I prefered my own settings. However, there are two significant things I heard in the video.

1. Music Finder+ will download real names (Yamaha no longer is worrying about hiding the names of songs)

2. Many of the entries will be songs, not just registration settings. These songs will include melody, lyrics, and chord changes. VERY COOL.

#116570 - 12/25/06 08:22 AM Re: New Yamaha Feature for Internet Connection
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Eddie,

That was a very informative presentation by Peter Baartmans showing the benefits of utilizing Music Finder Plus with Yamaha’s Internet Direct Connection Service.

As usual Peter is a captivating presenter and I love his playing style.

I think Yamaha’s plan for placing 8000 songs for download is a brilliant idea. I always felt they should take the Music Finder to the next level. When I got the Tyros2, I immediately replaced all the cryptic song names with the real names in the Music Finder. You could now search the full database for any song and select the one you want. The keyboard automatically sets up the right style, tempo, and four one touch settings.

All you have to do as a performer is to play the lead lines and supply the correct chord changes and hit the fills at the right spot and cycle through the one touch settings as appropriate.

This is all very good. However, for someone who is a beginner or who is not so familiar with the song, they have to learn the melody line and the chord changes from another source.

Why not supply that within the keyboard itself?

Think what a wonderful tool it would be if Yamaha Engineers gave us a 40GB hard drive with all the 2000 settings in the Music Finder Database rendered as complete Standard MIDI Files with the 8 Registration Settings including Intros, Fills, Chord Changes, Styles, Variations, Multipads, Voice Layering, Effect Settings and Endings.

Since the original sound designers invested hours and hours of painstaking labor to create these styles in the first place, why not take the next step and provide us with the complete song as it was meant to be played by the voicing team?

This could become a fantastic teaching tool for a novice while providing a working template for the seasoned professional.

I would even like Yamaha to take one more step and provide the guiding LED lights on their next Tyros similar to what they have on their Clavinovas. You can always shut them off and they do not look obtrusive behind that dark plastic window above the keys.

I welcome Yamaha’s plan for making those 8000 songs available in April 2007. I for one will be a regular visitor to the IDC site. I would even like to have the option of having those 8000 songs in a Hard Drive or a USB Drive for a price.

This is one feature that would put Yamaha Arrangers head and shoulders beyond their competition.

Thanks,

Tapas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online