SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116361 - 09/05/06 08:08 AM the latest questions before buying a T2
dani_76_es Offline

Loc: Madrid,España
hello to all!
I will not wait for a Tyros3 or a PA2X or....I am decided for a Tyros2.Before to buy it i need to know:
1ªi can play on T2 a style in PSR3000 format directly or i have to modify something?
2ª it exist a good program to convert G800,Va76 styles to Tyros2.Its sounds good on Tyros2?i ask it because some Korg owners said me that the converted styles sound bad on Korg.
3ºAs a Jean Michel Jarre fan i really like to buy a Korg;on www.olavier.fr i found some good(and very close) styles for his music;but finally i will vote to Yamaha;anybody converted this styles for T2?
Scuse my english;as a romanian native and resident of Spain ,the english languege is the 3ª languege for me...so i am learning it.I need a good program to translate spanish text to english text.
Thanks to all who read my message,and thanks to all who will asswer to my questions too.
Daniel

#116362 - 09/05/06 09:09 AM Re: the latest questions before buying a T2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
....... not being a yamaha owner I cannot answer your questions ... but I want to tell you not to worry about your english ... your message came through quite clearly ...
t.

#116363 - 09/05/06 09:47 AM Re: the latest questions before buying a T2
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Daniel: As a T2 owner, let me try to answer your questions.

1. You should have a good deal of success converting from 3K to T2 because of similar sound sets, including megavoices. Some styles may need some tweaking. Donny (DNJ) has owned both {several times } so he may have some direct experience to share.

2. EMC Styleworks is the best at converting. However, major jumps between platforms (Roland-to-Yamaha) can be problematic and require some major rework. There are many web resources for you to see who may have already worked on the styles that interest you. Check out several Yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=psr+styles , especially, Yamaha PSR-Styles and Jørgen Sørensen web site has a listing of style sites at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/stylesites.htm

3. Your link didn’t work so I can’t comment on it.

Good decision to not wait. Good luck with the T2, if you decide to move in that direction. I did, and am very pleased with my decision.

#116364 - 09/05/06 10:08 AM Re: the latest questions before buying a T2
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by dani_76_es:
hello to all!
1ªi can play on T2 a style in PSR3000 format directly or i have to modify something?
Daniel

Your English is very good Daniel.

The PSR-3000 styles will work fine, but you will need to change the One Touch Settings to the corresponding sounds in the Tyros2.

This is because the T2 has aftertouch and the 3K does not.

Hope this helps.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#116365 - 09/05/06 12:15 PM Re: the latest questions before buying a T2
dani_76_es Offline

Loc: Madrid,España
many thanks to all;Robert G:the webpage is:www.olavier.com
please,take a look and if you have the posibilties to convert this styles will be a pleasure for all the members of SZ...i am sure 4 it;i realy want to hear one of this styles converted for T2.It may be the last impulse as i need to buy T2
Daniel

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online