OSIMO, Italy — Operating System Version 2.5 for the Pa1X and Pa1X Pro, Korg's flagship arranger keyboards, is expected to be available in May, 2005. As usual, the new OS will be a no charge download from Korg Italy's web site (www.korgpa.com
), and can be easily installed by the user.
Here is a list of the major new features that you will find in the forthcoming OS:
* Song Markers, for a quick jump to a given position in the Song
* "Expert" chord recognition mode, adding Rootless chords to the basic set
* Style/RT Track Balance (Style Play mode) and Song/RT Track Balance (in Song Play mode) controlled via the Acc/Seq Volume slider
* Skip Setup Measure, for a quicker Song start, by skipping the first empty measure
* Lower Lock, to keep the Lower track unchanged when choosing a different Style, Performance or STS
* Style Track Volume Lock, to keep the volume of the Style tracks unchanged when choosing a different Style or Performance
* Keyboard Mode and Chord Scanning Lock, to keep the keyboard mode and chord scanning unchanged when choosing a different Style, Performance or STS
* Style/Song Volume Link functions, to proportionally change the volume of all Style or Song tracks at the same time
* Factory Sounds overwriting, to create custom Sound banks
* Auto Select settings saved into the Global
* Multiple file selection in the Disk (Erase and Copy) pages
* Play All Midifiles/MP3 files in a folder (Song Play mode)
* Copy FX between Styles, Performances, STSs and Songs
* STS/Variation Link controlled by the Single Touch button
* All four STSs of the current Style copied to a Song Book entry in a single pass
* Harmony Track memorized with each SongBook entry
* The volume of all four Pads can be assigned to the sliders or pedals
And you'll also find:
* File overwrite procedure enhanced (Disk mode)
* In SongBook and Disk mode, touching a label selects a different list order
* Start/Stop, Play/Stop Seq 1, and Play/Stop Seq 2 commands simulated by Control Change messages received on the Midi In Control channel
* In the Event Edit pages (Style Record, Pad Record and Sequencer modes), events can be scrolled by means of the Shift + Dial combination
* Select button turns green when pressed in the Drum Volume and Easy Edit pages (Style Play and Song Play modes)
* Lyrics loaded as ".Txt" files can be scrolled with the Dial
* Aftertouch On/Off
* Lock page splitted in more panes
Also expected for the Pa1X during this Spring is a new expansion card devoted to the Latin and Latin Dance music.
OS 2.5 follows on from the powerful options and new OS features released during the 2004. In its first year and a half the Pa1X Pro has become the keyboard of choice for countless professional musicians worldwide who demand the very best. Korg promised an on going series of powerful and exciting new features for the Pa1X Series.
OS 2.5 continues our commitment to deliver RX Technology (Real Experience) at its most useful, not gimmicks to show off, but real world usefulness: what professional musicians need. This is why the Pa1X and Pa1X Pro are the world’s leading Arranger Keyboards.