SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116111 - 12/27/02 02:30 AM Roland DisCover5
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Hi Every one Hope you all had a busy christmass!!!!

Just wanted to get to your attention this New Roland Keyboard. I was amazed by the harmoniser in it, go on the site and have a listen. It's just a midifile player but worth a hear.
http://www.discover5.com/index.html

Wishing all of you the best for the
New Year.

(Would like to hear your comments pls)

Tony.

[This message has been edited by ziggy (edited 12-27-2002).]

#116112 - 12/27/02 07:25 AM Re: Roland DisCover5
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Ziggy. I heard demo's of the Diskcover 5 at last Octobers 7 days Keyboard Festival in the UK. They were good, It will be interesting to see if these facilities will be added to the next Rolad Arranger.

Graham UK

#116113 - 12/27/02 07:32 AM Re: Roland DisCover5
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow ...... I hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but that harmonizer sounds so synthetic ! It's worse than the original Digitect VHM-5, which was the first one that "sort of" got it right about 10 years ago.
I'm sorry, but after that distplay ...... I feel like it's a step backwards for Roland. The Farfisa(G7) had a robotic sounding harmonizer like this one, but there are SO many better choices out there.
The built in PSR series sounds better, and the Digitech and TC Electronics units are FAR superior. If you are a singer, I strongly urge you not to compromise your vocal talents with a sub standard harmonizer. It defeats the purpose of spotlighting the voice.
I'm very surprised at Roland's demos. Unless there is some "mix" feature that was set up wrong, or a chorus effect or flanger or something like it ... I hated the sound.
I'm very fussy about my voice, and I would not be able to use that harmonizer .... even as a gag.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online