SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115906 - 10/10/03 11:59 AM saving fingering settings on the psr2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been going thru all my old sheet music, and resurrecting a few new/old songs to add to my repetoire - but one thing I still struggle with is the fingering setting - On certain songs I'm learning, full keyboard seems best, but other songs lend a lot better to the fingered approach.

Since it changes "per song", when I save a song on floppy or user area, can I save this fingering setting? Or should I set up some type of registration for fingering?

I've always played "piano style", i.e., bass line in left hand, chording, and fluff on right hand, so the left hand chording is taking a bit of getting used to - I sure am rusty in that area!

Jill

#115907 - 10/10/03 12:44 PM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Jill...
To my knowledge, there is no way fingering can be saved to a registration on the PSR200. That's the bad news.

Now, the good news. After you call up any one of your registrations, hit Direct Access then the Accomp button. It will take you directly to the fingering screen.

Eddie

[This message has been edited by btweengigs (edited 10-10-2003).]

#115908 - 10/10/03 01:40 PM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Jill,

The Fingering mode is saved with the registration memory on the PSR2100. Don't forget to save the Reg. Bank before turning off the power.

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#115909 - 10/10/03 06:42 PM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jill,

There is very little that you cannot save in a registration memory. Some musicians, including myself, set up a special registration memory slot that is called "Settings." All of the essentials are than programmed and saved under that title. Then, when the keyboard is first fired up, load the "Settings" registration from a floppy disk, all of the saved settings are in place, and you're ready to go.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#115910 - 10/10/03 08:47 PM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As I recall you could NOT save the fingering mode in PSR2000 registrations. Haven't tried it on 2100, but Steve says you can so it must be so.
DonM

#115911 - 10/10/03 09:43 PM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don is right about the 2000. But using the Direct Access>Accomp will make life a lot easier when changing fingering. Just remember, on the 2000, the fingering mode does not change until You change it, regardless of registrations called up.
Eddie

#115912 - 10/11/03 07:02 AM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks all - so . . . .
I should create a reg bank floppy with all my "setup" type info - I'm still so new at this part of the arranger.
If I use three different fingering styles, then I would use three of the "memory" keys to store that specific info??

Along the same lines, if I store it on floppy, call it up, remove the floppy, does it stay in the flash memory then?

I guess I haven't quite found the best approach for my style of playing/songs, and the use of the registration settings, that I'll get the most out of.

Sorry for rambling on, but as some of you might recall, this is my first arranger style keyboard, so I'm still way in the learning curve mode!

Jill

#115913 - 10/11/03 07:14 AM Re: saving fingering settings on the psr2100
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Jil, there are SOOO many ways to set up the keyboard and registrations. You can save registrations in the User memory, or on floppy. When you save a registration, a box will pop up asking which parameters you want to save. You will probably want to save the fingering mode to fit the rest of the registration.
For example if you set up a registration for each song you play, simply change the fingering mode before you save, and it should be remembered when you call up the registration, whether you save it to floppy or Use memory. I never change the fingering mode, so I don't bother to save it at all.
In fact, until Steve from Yamaha said the registrations would remember, I didn't know it did, because the 2000 didn't have that function.
Some people set up a Music Finder file for every song they do. There is software available to enable you to do this from your computer. You can find it on Joe's PSR Tutorial page.
I use very few registrations, only having a basic set or two to call up generalized settings for particular genres. I mostly use the registrations to change lead sounds quickly. I put a different style and lead sound in each location, then set the Freeze parameters to Freeze everything but the lead sound. That way, when the Freeze light is on, when I change registrations, nothing changes except the sound. When the light is off, then I have 8 setups to pick from.
Some people have a registration for every song. You will have to experiment to see how best to use them to suit your own purposes.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online