SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#115886 - 12/24/04 06:33 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
Dnj Offline

Sorry people I dont buy all that arranger vs synth phobia speaker non speaker crap.....never did. Audiences know a quality entertainer....
bottom line is "lets hear what you got?" I always say ...........no matter what you use....my ears are my judge and always have been......and I have performed on stage with almost everything out there for my needs.....

by the way Synth Guy I'd love to hear some of your work...do you have some songs we can listen to?

#115887 - 12/24/04 07:06 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
Scott, do you think it will get better than the Korg Pa 1x, Tyros, roland G70, what else can they do?

Yes, it can get better. Korg, Yamaha, Roland already know what they will do next. They propably have some idea what they will do after their next release. They always hold back. Roland, IMO, holds back so much that they are not competitive (IMO of course) in the arranger market.
Tapas asked why Yamaha introduced the SD Card, when it will soon be discontinued. Donny answered, "Tapas..because now the next model will have it and you'll have to sell your old unit and buy a new one .....and then that one will be void of something we want.......
its a vicous endless cycle "
They know what their doing. They give themselves plenty of room for "innovation?".
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 12-24-2004).]

#115888 - 12/24/04 07:41 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
Scott, do you think it will get better than the Korg Pa 1x, Tyros, roland G70, what else can they do? . . . i think they have reached their max, ease of use may change but sound and options are at their peak.

SynthGuy. The boundaries of possibility are only limited by the spirit of man's imagination. As much as I like & appreciate the features of my Yamaha Tyros, I still see areas that it (as well as other current top of the line arrangers) can and will eventually be improved upon. This includes continuing sound quality advancement which will be achieved when overcoming storage capacity limitations. The next step is attaining the new SACD (super audio compact disc) quality 'sampling rates' which will more accurately & realistically reproduce acoustic instruments, especially the acoustic piano. In the area of auto accomp styles, implementing new SMART technology which will more intelligently vary accomp style pattern playback & more realistically reflect the kind of expressive real performance subtlies played by live rhythym section musicians.

Arranger specific keyboards have only recently garnered serious interest from pro musicians because arranger keyboard manufacterers are finally listening to their needs, of which not only include more realistic sounding instruments & styles, but the arranger's ability to now allow one to play the keyboard in the way they've been accustomed to playing both solo & with a live band, utilizing genre specific types of pro chords & licks

The arranger keyboard is the marriage of computer technology with the traditional keyboard, and as long computer technology advances & improves, so will arrangers and synthesizers. My acoustic Steinway Grand piano is my ONCE in a LIFETIME investment, afterall, the acoustic piano had over 100 years to evolve & perfect. I EXPECT to eventually upgrade my Tyros (which I've owned for 2 years now) whenever a substantial arranger keyboard improvement comes along to warrant it, and it WILL, trust me. -Scott

#115889 - 12/24/04 08:12 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
Rebel Offline

hey, Thanks for the replys...

I only had a few hours to mess around on my new PSR-3000, So far I like it, Sounds Great, The keys don't really annoy me as the keyboard is for home use only, Ive read the whole manual twice, There is alot of good features in this keyboard, Look forward to messing around with them.

I got a usb floppy diskdrive with the keyboard which I was not expecting, So I was happy about that, But I plan on getting a USB Flash Drive...

I noticed the keyboard only has 5 songs inside, No wonder it has 1.5MB internal flash memory free... With memory so cheap these days, Why they only include 1.5MB internal Flash memory, I mean how tight can they get. The yamaha PSR-275 has 100 songs inside, I am sure that takes more than 1.5mb space.

300kb for recording,

I guess I better use my computer for the recording...

Anyone know any good websites that has free format 0 midi songs... All the ones I have are format 1...

Regards

Thomas

#115890 - 12/24/04 08:21 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
by the way Synth Guy I'd love to hear some of your work...do you have some songs we can listen to?[/B]

Dnj, this isnt a topic based on our expertise we're talking about arranger technology and what decisions to make when making a large investment. I can gladly post some of my work but how would you know it's really me? I'm an acomplished musician, I also have a United State Championship Trophy in my living room, that does not matter, because we all are into different types of music and some of us may play better jazz, country, pop, etc. I play several instruments, guitar, bass, drums, accordian, concertina, harmonica, keyboards, trombone etc. I also have CD's for sale at your local music store, not need to disclose my identity. I enjoy taking part in this forum and have picked up good advice frommany of it's members, so posting my music isn't going to prove anything in regards to how qualified I am to post my opinions

[This message has been edited by SYNTH_GUY (edited 12-24-2004).]

#115891 - 12/24/04 08:55 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
Dnj Offline

synthguy......you have given your opinions I have given mine on this topic & some of your statements....thats what open forums are for.......remaining annonymous is your perogative also... no big deal there.

#115892 - 12/24/04 09:06 AM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel:
hey, Thanks for the replys...

I only had a few hours to mess around on my new PSR-3000, So far I like it, Sounds Great, The keys don't really annoy me as the keyboard is for home use only, Ive read the whole manual twice, There is alot of good features in this keyboard, Look forward to messing around with them.

I got a usb floppy diskdrive with the keyboard which I was not expecting, So I was happy about that, But I plan on getting a USB Flash Drive...

I noticed the keyboard only has 5 songs inside, No wonder it has 1.5MB internal flash memory free... With memory so cheap these days, Why they only include 1.5MB internal Flash memory, I mean how tight can they get. The yamaha PSR-275 has 100 songs inside, I am sure that takes more than 1.5mb space.

300kb for recording,

I guess I better use my computer for the recording...

Anyone know any good websites that has free format 0 midi songs... All the ones I have are format 1...

Regards

Thomas

Rebel,
Free midi files are abundant. You can get a program called GNMidi which easily converts the various formats (0, 1, kar, mid, midi, etc) from one to another. The trial version is free and it is quite inexpensive after that. You'll find this program invaluable. Just search for GNMidi. It is made and maintained by Gunter Nagler.
Enjoy your keyboard.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 12-24-2004).]

#115893 - 12/25/04 01:57 PM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
Rebel Offline

rebel,don,t forget to adjust the eq settings on the psr3000 again you will find this at www.psrtutorial.com, it will make more of a difference,mike

----------------------------------
Can't find anything about eq settings on www.psrtutorial.com

#115894 - 12/26/04 01:37 PM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi rebel,go to site ,click on lessons.scroll down to section 2100/2000 (3000 is the same setup) adjusting styles ,click on, using graphic equaliser,and there it is, this is a great idea that gary (travlin easy) made us aware of , also phil hall came up with a clever idea of connecting a set of pc, speakers through the headphone socket of the 3000 ,look it up,and read the responses, click on forum ,scroll down 2000/2100, click on accessories scroll down to 11 july 2004,mike

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 12-26-2004).]

#115895 - 12/26/04 04:36 PM Re: Did i make the right choice (PSR 3000)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Here's the link to the site that will take you directly to the information: Eq Settings

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online