SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#115828 - 02/11/03 11:01 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hey Scott,
IF you aren't going back to Bezerkeley right away we will be at The Holiday RV in Pismo Beach from Saturday on and all next week. We got an extra (hide abed) crash pad and room for another keyboard stand in the big motorhime. You are always welcome
What say YOU??
Bebop/Jann

#115829 - 02/11/03 11:50 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hey this is fast turning into 'Synthzone on Tour'
Wish I was there too it sounds wonderful.

Very glad to hear you went down a storm in Avilia Beach Scott, not that we expected anything less of you......YOU IS THE MAN. (I know you Americans say YOUS DA MAN but I am quaint and English so forgive me )

Don't stay in the sun too long and can't wait to see the pics when you return. Most of all HAVE FUN!
Tony

#115830 - 02/11/03 01:09 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Scott
Sounds like you had a good time, & a good time was had by all.
Congrats to you & have fun on your escapade, vacation,
holiday, time off, job, gig, or what ever. HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!
Denny

#115831 - 02/13/03 11:33 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Finally got back home. I had a terrific time in Central/Southern California, performing, meeting, and playing with my Southern California Synthzone buddies. I really enjoyed the opportunity to see Eric play his Yamaha 9000pro and Paul on his Solton MS60. Eric really shines on contempo pop rhythms & disco, and Paul delivers the goods when it comes to the traditional stuff: the MS60 banjo sounds outstanding. I especially enjoyed playing with Paul's clarinetist friend Art: Great improviser. It was also fun to have Eric's 9000pro & my Tyros SIDE by SIDE to play & compare. Both are great boards, but just in DIFFERENT ways. To top this off, it was a pleasure to perform together with Eric's wife Claudia the song: Unforgettable, as well as hear Eric & Claudia showcase their duo song material.

Bebop: sorry I couldn't meet up with you and Jann in Pismo Beach this weekend. Had to get back home in time to do my Valentine's Day gigs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
sounds like it was a fun time, where are the pictures?

Donny. It was truly a BLAST!

Unfortunately, at my concert in Avila Beach (because I was on stage), I wasn't able to take any pictures . I wish I could've though, because the building (built of wood & stone) with beautiful beamed ceilings, has a large fireplace, and hard wood floors, making it (both visually & acoustically) an ideal performance venue.

On the other hand, here's a link to some pictures I took at Frank's place in Avila Beach, as well as a few pics I took at the get together at Paul Curzan's house in Goleta:
http://www.pbase.com/scottyee/synthzone&page=2

Here also are some 'video capture' images of the video Paul's lovely wife, Evelina, recorded of our get together jam (2/10) which included musicians: Paul, Eric & Claudia Bott, Art, and myself:
http://www.pbase.com/scottyee/paulcurzan_jam http://www.pbase.com/scottyee/paulcurzan_jam&page=2

I now look forward to the opportunity of meeting and playing music (in person) with more Synthzone forum buddies in the future. Thanks again to Nigel for creating the opportunity for all this to happen. I realize that without the Synthzone forum, we would probably have never met. I really encourage others to take the step to meet other forum members 'in person' (but at your own risk of course) as well. I look forward to jamming again, as well as finally meeting (in person) MANY other of you Synthzone forum member buddies around the world out there. Thumbs up to the Synthzone Arranger KB forum, quite simply, the BEST place on the internet for arranger keyboardists.

Scott

#115832 - 02/13/03 12:47 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott... great photos of what obviously was a great time..... looks like a wide array of gear . what was being used.... mics, mixers, speakers..... etc...
t.

#115833 - 02/13/03 01:38 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Dnj Offline

Scott,

Looks like a musical funtime for all!!
Thanx for sharing the pictures. Its nice to get together with friends and share the magic for sure!!

take care

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#115834 - 02/13/03 02:39 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks for sharing the fotos Scott. Looks like a ton of fun.
Sorry to hear you can't join us in Pismo Beach. We will have a ball there playing for the natives. I usually get a street dance going there in the rv park but prolly not this time as it looks to be a tad on the damp side. Oh well.
That will give me some free time to study this PSR9000 and learn more about it and maybe even get all my stuff (thanks everyone) onto the hard drive. The KN6000 Technics stays out of the mix this trip.
I got the Motorhome nearly loaded and getting anxious to boogey, south bound and truckin
Happy Valentine's Day to all lovers and your lovers.
Bebop

#115835 - 02/13/03 02:53 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Tony, I can speak to some of the equipment, since I had my own sound system set up in our family room and the other guys tied into that.

I have a Peavey Unity Series 1000 8-channel mixer driving a Carvin Model FET 450 Power Amp. (225 watts per channel into 4 ohms)
The stand mounted speakers were Peavey Model
358-5 three way's with 15 inch LF speakers.

I use a Shure Model PE 56D mic.

Scott ran his Tyros directly into my mixer, with his EV mic feeding into the Tyros.

Eric ran his 9000 Pro and two mics into his Mackie mixer and from there through my mixer.

I'll let Scott and Eric comment on details of their equipment beyond this.
Paul C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online