SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115343 - 01/08/03 08:14 AM Your eyboard has No Hard Drive? No problem anymore......
Dnj Offline

http://www.2av.com.ua/indexe.htm

HDM? Hmmmmmm?

check it out!

[source Yahoo psr style group]

#115344 - 01/08/03 09:11 AM Re: Your eyboard has No Hard Drive? No problem anymore......
trtjazz Offline

Donny,
Cool.
Terry

#115345 - 01/08/03 09:59 AM Re: Your eyboard has No Hard Drive? No problem anymore......
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Guys,

This has been around for about a year now, and the first I heard of it was at this site. Tried to get additional information on the device, clicked on the where to buy sites and the only one that comes up is the one in the Ukrain--not where I'm gonna' send my credit card information and hope for the best.

Also sent an email to Yamaha's service department and they flat out stated that the installation would void the warrenty. Additionally, they said that it was unlikely that the Yamaha power-pack could handle the additional load and would likely blow out. Tried to get a list of happy users (they claim there are lots of them) but that also didn't pan out.

Essentially, the hard drive at this site (HDM) is a suedo floppy drive that must be accessed with an external device. This is a great concept, however, if you're thinking seriously about playing live, there are too many steps to access the HD files. Additionally, you can put a couple dozen or more style files on a single floppy and with the PSR-1000/2000 they can be accessed lightning fast.

Talked with a computer ghuru in Baltimore about the device and he said that it's nothing more than an inexpensive hard drive that is frequently used in notebook computers. He said it has been modified somewhat, and that the pricetag was not at all bad. However, when it came to service, he said "forget it." Again, if you're doing this stuff for a living, which some on the forum obviously are, service availability is of paramount importance.

If anyone on the forum has any information and experience with this particular device, especially someone in the U.S., I would sure like to hear about it.

Be cautious about this one,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online