SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115177 - 02/09/06 02:57 PM PSR3000 footpedal settings
MrEd Offline

I'm having a problem keeping a default setting on footpedal #2.

I have pedal #1 set to sustain and stays set to sustain which is what I want.

Pedal #2 is not working the same way.
I go into functions to set the pedal at 'fill', and it works as 'fill' until I change from the current registration or song, to a different reg/song.

How can I prevent pedal #2 from changing whenever I change registration, song, etc?

It automatically sets itself to 'volume'.

#115178 - 02/09/06 03:19 PM Re: PSR3000 footpedal settings
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ed: When saving settings to Registration (1-8), be sure sure you have the "Pedal" group Check boxed, for "Registration Memory Contents". In addition make sure Kb's Freeze button is OFF, or that the Freeze contents: "Pedal" group is unchecked.- Scott

#115179 - 02/09/06 03:30 PM Re: PSR3000 footpedal settings
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I posted this earlier at PSR Tutorial for someone else that had the same problem:

When the keyboard is turned off, the board automatically reverts to the factory default settings for the Pedals, which are volume and sustain. Therefore, you must save your pedal settings to a registration so they can be recalled with a single button push. Press the Memory button on the right side of the keyboard, and when the registration memory contents page appears, make sure there is a check-mark in the box next to PEDAL. You can also save other things here as well, such as the mic settings, which I highly recommend. Uncheck anything that you do not wish to save for the initial startup. Save the registration under the name of SETUP or STARTUP, and be sure to save the entire bank under the same name as well. Save one copy of the file to the SmartMedia Card or USB drive, and save another to the keyboard's onboard memory--just to be on the safe side.

After saving the file, press the memory button and UNCHECK the PEDAL and MIC boxes, and place checkmarks in any boxes that you would normally use for registrations. In doing this, there is no possibility of overwriting the pedal and mic settings when creating subsequent registrations.

Now, when the keyboard is first turned on, the very next step is to select the STARTUP or SETUP registration. Now your pedal and mic settings will be instantly recalled.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 02-09-2006).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#115180 - 02/09/06 03:42 PM Re: PSR3000 footpedal settings
MrEd Offline

Thanks Scott and Gary.

I'm at work now, but I'll take a closer look at those settings when I get home.

Your help is very much appreciated.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 02-09-2006).]

#115181 - 02/10/06 01:34 PM Re: PSR3000 footpedal settings
MrEd Offline

Success!
Gary, the 'SET UP' registration is doing it.
Pedal 2 is staying set.
Thanks

"Ed & I thank you for your support"

#115182 - 02/10/06 05:56 PM Re: PSR3000 footpedal settings
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No problem. Just make that check payable to...

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online