SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#115039 - 10/25/04 02:24 PM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
Dnj Offline

Forgedabouttt...I'm down 40lbs!!!!so far on the SBD so far and going down daily Paisan.....:0

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-25-2004).]

#115040 - 10/25/04 02:53 PM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok guys, here's a followup article by E! Online , which offers some more insight regarding the unfortunate Ashlee Simpson SNL TV performance incident:

PLAY VIDEO CLIP!

Of particular interest in the article:
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15209,00.html?eol.tkr
of which makes the incident all the more embarrassing for Simpson is the fact that she had taken an emphatic stance against lip-synching when asked about her views on the practice in a recent magazine interview.

"I'm totally against it and offended by it," Simpson told Lucky magazine. "I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

Rather ironic huh?!.

- Scott

#115041 - 10/26/04 07:02 AM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
The band was on the mark, and like pros (albeit puzzled ones) they kept going. If Ms. Simpson had enough stage experience she would have just worked her way back into the correct song and few would have been wiser. Glitches happen. Walking off stage during a live performance and leaving the band to fend for itself was unforgivable... blaming the band later for the boo-boo was even worse...

I wasn't going to buy her album anyway...

#115042 - 10/26/04 07:09 AM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
And now she blames it on acid reflex!

- Scott

#115043 - 10/26/04 07:11 AM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I would bet here band is pissed off at her too. There's that unity in a band, and one of the biggest (dont's) on the list is leaving your band hanging.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#115044 - 10/27/04 10:34 AM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Soon to be.....Ashlee Who ?????

------------------
...L

#115045 - 10/30/04 07:16 AM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
LeoD Offline

Loc: Lusk, Co. Dublin . Rep.of Irel...
I'm way over in Ireland so can't comment on yhe particular incident....but I think it's great to see any of these SO CALLED PERFORMERS...being caught out for what they really are......not singers....certainly no musicians....just imposters & Dupe artists,
..the product of a music industry which today relys more on Studio technology..Sex..
and Sop..to sell their product to silly young succers..who know no different.
And what's more the whole Pop Idol thing was started by a Smarmy Irish man who knows as much about music as my big toe...even if he does represent U2...he still doesn't
impress me ....and I see & hear all to much of him & his kind...

how about that for an outburst

LeoD...Still proud to be Irish & a Musician
albeit not such a good one..but at
least an honest one.

------------------

#115046 - 10/30/04 06:29 PM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

She looks like a great singer..

#115047 - 10/30/04 10:59 PM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
She's much better with her mouth closed.....and that dance routine ?!?!? She should stay on 7th Heaven or just model and pose - silent and still.

#115048 - 10/31/04 06:22 AM Re: Ashlee Simpson on SNL: Did Any of you catch THIS last night?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I didn't notice her mouth closed in the picture..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online