SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#114735 - 01/17/05 09:55 AM Re: Ready for the next generation Korg synth?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's really one interesting keyboard, BUT still one Embedded system, CLOSE OS and YEARS for developing firmware....
We just see the others how many SW problems they have for easy stuff..
IF Yamaha had buy Steinberg, it mean that the future is under VST plugins, but they don't have ready one X86 system for run all this stuff.
One LCD at 640X480 pixel, mean that they NEVER can open one standard PC application and never they can move the GUI, why need a 3D graphics cards ( available only under X86 OS)

The pity is that we have the Hardware and software done, but we dont have a BIG name like they....
But is ok...we have enogh orders..
Anyway, this is what now Medoastation can do.
Give a look at the synthesizer and tell me if they can made the same, with 64+64 oscillators, additive, subtractive and Pad synth.... http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/screenshots.html

Cheers, we can see at the Frankfurt Germany exibition
Domenik

#114736 - 01/17/05 09:56 AM Re: Ready for the next generation Korg synth?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's really one interesting keyboard, BUT still one Embedded system, CLOSE OS and YEARS for developing firmware....
We just see the others how many SW problems they have for easy stuff..
IF Yamaha had buy Steinberg, it mean that the future is under VST plugins, but they don't have ready one X86 system for run all this stuff.
One LCD at 640X480 pixel, mean that they NEVER can open one standard PC application and never they can move the GUI, why need a 3D graphics cards ( available only under X86 OS)

The pity is that we have the Hardware and software done, but we dont have a BIG name like they....
But is ok...we have enogh orders..
Anyway, this is what now Medoastation can do.
Give a look at the synthesizer and tell me if they can made the same, with 64+64 oscillators, additive, subtractive and Pad synth.... http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/screenshots.html

Cheers, we can see at the Frankfurt Germany exibition
Domenik

#114737 - 01/17/05 10:55 AM Re: Ready for the next generation Korg synth?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Domenik,

Is Mediastation going to be shown at the LA NAMM exhibition this week? If so, what booth? Perhaps some of the people from this forum who attend can give us their take on it?

Regards,
Alex

#114738 - 01/18/05 02:43 AM Re: Ready for the next generation Korg synth?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
Domenik,

Is Mediastation going to be shown at the LA NAMM exhibition this week? If so, what booth? Perhaps some of the people from this forum who attend can give us their take on it?

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex
Music Industries have there the Mediastation, but I'm not sure what they want to do.
Anyway we are opening one LIONSTRACS USA office and sales point in Miami FL. In this week they will receive the Mediastation.
End february I will be there too.
In my homepage you will find the address.
I saw that you are a engineer too, IF someday you buy one MS, I will give you the DVD developer Installer disk.
Regards
Domenik

#114739 - 01/18/05 06:38 AM Re: Ready for the next generation Korg synth?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Domenik,

Thanks for your kind offer. I will look forward to an opportunity to play the Mediastation - perhaps when I do, i will like it enough to justify the (relatively) high price.

Between my job and being a father of four sons, my musical activities take 3rd place, so not much time to experiment with new things - when I sit down to play, I want to turn on the instrument and get going, instead of having to press buttons to fix the way it is set up - which is why I am a bit disappointed to read that the new Roland requires much editing before presets sound good. So I don't know how much use I'd be able to make of the stuff on the developers' DVD; however, it is nice to know that one can get his hands on it - it is next to impossible to get any kind of tech info from the other manufacturers.

Regards,
Alex

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online