SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#114210 - 01/24/05 11:25 AM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think this new Fusion synth is going to be a hit! Especially at the price the 61 key is going for. Wasn't the price for the 61 key version $1,699???? That's less than the Motif ES-6. I think the ability to record 8 audio tracks into the board is awsome! Plus the synth editing is HUGE. Very pleased to see FM synthesis on it too.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#114211 - 01/24/05 12:43 PM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"I think this new Fusion synth is going to be a hit!"

Something has to be good with it...we all like what we see, even for different reasons.

Fusion...

"Especially at the price the 61 key is going for. Wasn't the price for the 61 key version $1,699???? That's less than the Motif ES-6."

Yup thats what the price looks like.

"I think the ability to record 8 audio tracks into the board is awsome!"

Eight at once tracks, at a higher sample rate then the new Korg ( if I recall random numbers right :P ). Just all 1/4 on the Fusion where the Korg has two phantom XLRs and two 1/4s.

" Plus the synth editing is HUGE. Very pleased to see FM synthesis on it too. "

You should check out the Ion on the Alesis site. The Fusions VA looks to be nice, only it does lack a few filters the Ion has ( Fusions 13 Vs the Ions 16 filters ) and the amount of real time control the Ion has. Im not being negative as the Fusion is capable of things the Ion can't do outside those off the cusp observations.

#114212 - 01/24/05 01:06 PM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
That does look pretty sweet. Remember the price is only the retail, it only gets cheaper! In a few years when used ones are for sale i might upgrade to one of them.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 01-24-2005).]

#114213 - 01/24/05 07:01 PM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I tried out the new Alesis at NAMM and my first impression, through headphones was that it sounded like the QS6 I've sold for many years. I'll have to hear it when my rep brings one bye .
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#114214 - 01/24/05 07:20 PM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
squeak_D Offline

I think the QS series was nice. Very warm sounds. The Fusion is supposed to be updated on the sounds, so a more polished QS based sound set would be great in my opinion. Alesis is really heading in the right direction here. They're releasing a complete powerhouse of a synth and workstation for an affordable price. Granted I'm a supporter of the Motif ES, but I think the Alesis is offering more for less money (again my opinion)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#114215 - 01/25/05 01:45 AM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"I think the QS series was nice. Very warm sounds. The Fusion is supposed to be updated on the sounds, so a more polished QS based sound set would be great in my opinion."

Don't think your alone with that opinion.

" Alesis is really heading in the right direction here. They're releasing a complete powerhouse of a synth and workstation for an affordable price. Granted I'm a supporter of the Motif ES, but I think the Alesis is offering more for less money (again my opinion)"

Hahahah yeah the price really shocked me, first pictures I was hopeful it would be in the 3k to 4k range. Thing looks like the enterprise after all ( or the dash of a classic auto as some have pointed out ).

Nothing wrong with being a Motif supporter Only want to know...are you gonna hold off on the Motif pending some Fusion demo time? or just go with the Motif ?

Ahhh pointless story. In Jr. High had some thuglet that called himself "gansta motif ", so now whenever I see the Yamaha Motif I get a flashback :P Then the Yamaha Motif keys all meld into a fake gold grill.

Gansta Fusion...

#114216 - 01/25/05 06:23 AM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
squeak_D Offline

Actually I was all set to buy the Motif ES. I went online ready to order, and I checked out a few of my regular sites first. Then I saw Korg had a new board released in a few days, then shortly after that I saw Alesis was coiming out with one too. I decided to hold off until I can check out the Alesis. I didn't expect the price I saw on the Korg, and expected the Alesis to be much higher, and not cheaper than the Motif I'm looking forward to the demos to be released on the Fusion next month.

Squeak

#114217 - 01/25/05 06:47 AM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Hahah IM waiting on those demos to...go figure :P

New keyboards did start to rain on ya a bit right when you were about to buy.

#114218 - 01/30/05 02:10 PM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems this is very good! good price too but it seems more for Dance than acoustic- definite cool new design

#114219 - 01/30/05 02:42 PM Re: More info on the Alesis Fusion...
squeak_D Offline

I think the acoustic instruments on this unit are going to be good. The sounds are supposed to be complete overhaul based on the QS series, and the QS series has great sounds.

Squeak

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online