SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#114053 - 03/13/06 01:48 PM Song.. Smooth Jazz Waltz with Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro.
jerry6681 Offline

Loc: Sun Lakes, Az. United States
Smooth Jazz Waltz to the Song.. My Favorite Things.

This would be a Flute Improvisation Solo after the Basic Melody had already been established. The verse and chorus repeat four times with a four bar break (G-Em-G-Em) between each time. The Improvised Solo continually changes and even though I am not actually playing the Melody, the Melody of the song can always be recognized. If a listener walked in during the middle of the Solo they would be able to say.. "I know what song that is."

Jerry
http://storeandserve.com/download/136219/My_Favorite_Things-Flute.mp3.html

[This message has been edited by jerry6681 (edited 03-13-2006).]

#114054 - 03/14/06 07:07 AM Re: Song.. Smooth Jazz Waltz with Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jerry, Very nicely executed flute/guitar/sax playing & soloing ideas. Satisfying balance of preserving the original melody within your soloing.

As an experienced jazz standard acoustic piano comping player on jazz standard tunes , piano auto-accomp parts always sound a little mechanically robotic to my ears, so suggest reducing the piano auto accomp part volume a little to avoid its distraction, and perhaps bring up the impressive 'swing feel' drum volume up slightly instead.

Not sure why you opted for the side stick 'count in', but I'd personally recommend eliminating the count in altogether.

Ok Jerry, looking to hear more impressive jazz standard renditions from you. Bravo!

Scott

#114055 - 03/14/06 11:59 AM Re: Song.. Smooth Jazz Waltz with Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro.
jerry6681 Offline

Loc: Sun Lakes, Az. United States
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the constructive comments. Your suggestions are excellent and I agree with them.

Jerry

#114056 - 03/14/06 03:21 PM Re: Song.. Smooth Jazz Waltz with Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jerry... I listened and wanted to comment, especially because I HATE IT when someone posts something and people don't comment ...
I really like your 'flute' solos ... the guitar solo was real nice as well ... I didn't care all that much for the sound of the trumpet or sax during first listen, but I will try again ...
thnx for sharing ....
t.

#114057 - 03/14/06 04:46 PM Re: Song.. Smooth Jazz Waltz with Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro.
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I liked it a lot. It was well played. I thought the Korg sounds great.

Tom

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online