SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113898 - 02/18/04 07:05 AM Bose PAS report - First gig
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Thought I'd share my first real gig experience with the PAS.

Valentines day I played at a dinner for about 125 people. The dining room was carpeted, filled with pillers and had an odd shape. As usual the seating arrangement meant I was not anywhere near the center of the room. Having played there before I figured this would be a good test for the new system.

The reports from the listeners were very positive. Not only were the usual complaints from those sitting closest to the speakers gone, people were telling me they could even hear the music down the halls.

The set up tear down was easy and using a small cart I was able to carry all my gear in with only two trips to the car.

The day before I did a test in a large hall to set some sound levels, etc. The fact that the hall wasn't full didn't seem to make much difference. The way the sound is dispersed is truly amazing. Needless to say I felt a lot better about the big investment.

Have a great day!

rp

#113899 - 02/18/04 07:10 AM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to hear them next month when Uncle Dave is playing Trenton, NJ.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#113900 - 02/18/04 08:49 AM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Cool! Thanks for the info. What is the best (cheapest!) place to buy this system?

#113901 - 02/18/04 11:05 AM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
DrBill Offline

Loc: Chattanooga, TN USA
There are only 2 ways that I know of to buy the Bose System....on line from Bose, or at any Guitar Center. The prices are the same. Not sure if buying from Bose direct will save sails tax, but i heard they ship free. The best thing to do is find some things you dont want, and dont have the energy to sell yourself, and take them to GC to trade. Probably worth it.....I am in the process of trying to find out.

#113902 - 02/18/04 01:21 PM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bose also has direct sales stores in PA and NJ .. maybe your town as well. The price will never be discounted at GC, but you CAN get trades or other little "spifs" thrown in. They make a good commission on those, so ask for a little "bone" in the deal ... maybe new cables or something.

Tonight's my debut in Bose Stereo !

#113903 - 02/19/04 06:41 AM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
I'm not sure what you mean by GC will never discount them, but the last GC I was in about 3 weeks ago in Beaveton, Oregon had a price of $1699 on the one on the floor and my impression was that the list price is around $2200.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#113904 - 02/19/04 07:15 AM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
The list price for the Bose Basic Package is $1699.99 which includes the L1 Cylindrical Radiator Loudspeaker the PS1 Power stand, the R1 Remote control and the carry bags.

The Single Bass Package is listed at $1999.98 and it includes the basic package components plus B1 Bass Module.

The Double Bass Package lists at $2297.97. It includes two B1 Bass Modules.

To my knowledge GC and Bose are the only ones selling this system.

As has been suggested the only way to reduce the cost is to have something to trade.

I don't know how Bose gets away with what appears to me to be price fixings but ---

Have a Great Day!

rp

#113905 - 02/19/04 01:45 PM Re: Bose PAS report - First gig
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bose treats it's dealers right. They deserve to make $$$ on such a great product. I remember when Yamaha was getting 4-5 HUNDERD bucks above list prive for the original DX7, just because Rhodes players wanted small and light. The market went nuts and that synth sold millions because of one stinkin' EP sound. Most people couldn't get around anything but the factory sounds, and it was still used on tons of records in the 80s and 90s.

I think price fixing is a good thing. Makes the dealer concentrate on service and education to get the edge on the competition.
Remember, the dealr CAN give you other incentives to buy .... they just can't show a discount on the Bose. That protects the dealers and the territory of the sales people.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online