SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#113879 - 03/23/01 10:44 AM Re: Solton X1 Sampler
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
George,
I don't know exactly what a mismar is; however, I would use two samples per octave (i.e. a C and a G). I have tried to sample the D50 with an Ensoniq ASR10 and an Akai 2800/3000, with 32 Mbite of RAM each. What is impossible to sample is the texture of the sound of the D 50. With the Akai the sound was too "cold", while the Ensoniq gave me a wonderful, warm sound, but it was too perfect! The D 50 has 8 bit internal samples (very Low Fidelity). On the other hand, the effect section is really powerful and the combination of lousy samples and beautiful effects gives that unique sound which is so sought after even today. Anyway, if you tell me more about the mismar sound, maybe I can be more helpful.

#113880 - 03/23/01 02:59 PM Re: Solton X1 Sampler
George Pchakjian Offline

Loc: Irvine Ca, USA
Dreamer,
Mizmar, is a middle eastern instrument known as Zourna, also. I can discribe it as a bagpipe sound without the bags, blowen directly into a set of very fine reads.
Thanks.

------------------
George Pchakjian
geopch@aol.com

JerjyBeck

#113881 - 03/23/01 09:47 PM Re: Solton X1 Sampler
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
George, I don't know if the mizmar has a vibrato: for sampling purposes it would be better without: this would allow for a much shorter loop; otherwise the loop should match the vibrato wave.
Happy sampling!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online