SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#113846 - 12/02/04 07:09 AM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Yeah ... how would YOU know, Donny?
You're just a young pup !( like ME ! )

Hmmmmmm? Yea Dave, Gary reminds me every chance he can..... hahahaha

#113847 - 12/02/04 08:20 AM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Coincidently, just yesterday I was given the electric stimulation and 'needle' tests by a neurologist. I have been diagnosed with some arthritis in discs C5 and C6 and have experienced 'tingling' and numbness in my hands ...he was checking for nerve damage... he found some Carpal Tunnel and suggested some wrist braces to wear at night ... we'll see how that goes ...
t.

#113848 - 12/02/04 10:58 AM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
Our organ player, last year was diagnosed with tennis elbow, carpel tunnel, something like that. For a few weeks she didn't play but we needed her so, to play without having too much pain she had to take the pedals and bench out of the organ and just use a regular chair. Ofcourse her elevation was lower and when she played she had to reach up and use the upper manual and it looked rather silly, but it did help her play comfortably. That went on for about 4 or 5 months and the problem eventually went away.

I sincerely doubt I'm using the correct positioning as part as my fingers are concerned, I'm probably sitting to close to the keyboard too but its what I'm used to and its not easy to change something I'm used to. So I suspect I'll eventually suffer from the same problem in the future.

#113849 - 12/02/04 01:06 PM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I'm convinced resting my hand on the corner of my desk for hours on the computer working the mouse caused my numbness in my little finger and my ring finger on my right hand. Even now I have to watch my hand position when using the computer.

Go ahead and laugh at me the way I laughed at my wife when she told me what her mother said. My mother-in-law said a doctor in Canada prescribed to her sister (I think) to take B100 complex once a day and B6 about 6 times a day.

I laughed and laughed. However, I have a wife that is very persistent. She bought the B vitamin stuff and kept bringing it to me to take. To appease her I did, and after a couple of weeks the numbness disappeared.

Like I said, if I keep my palm near the wrist resting too long on the edge of my desk working the mouse my little finger starts to get numb still. I do take vitamin B6 now occasionally when I notice it in the cabinet.

I don't think you're supposed to take the full recommendation for more than 2 or 3 weeks. I don't know why. Give it a try. You've nothing to lose. I don't think vitamin B is very expensive. Let's pray that the AMA doesn’t hear about this. They will figure a way to put this on prescription and charge $5 a pill.

I also know something that will get rid of athlete's feet that cost maybe $3 or $4 for a 20-year supply.

I don't want to post the cure publicly because the AMA would really jump on this. Anyone suffering athlete’s feet can email me.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 12-02-2004).]

#113850 - 12/02/04 01:13 PM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, just loosen your grip on all that money you carry around. The feeling will come back!
DonM

#113851 - 12/02/04 04:00 PM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don,
I thought you were my friend?

#113852 - 12/02/04 10:09 PM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
DonM Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
Don,
I thought you were my friend?

Not really, I only tolerate you because of Penny and Drew.
Don

#113853 - 12/02/04 10:11 PM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
DonM Offline

By the way, Boo, I have a couple of really good photos of you and Hank The Lurker. Also, some of the recordings of you playing with me came out really good.
Folks, Boo can REALLY play a saxophone, plus he does a great job on vocals and keyboard.
And he has a great wife and kid that somehow put up with him.
DonM

#113854 - 12/03/04 05:15 AM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Funnily enough, I'm going to see my doctor this Monday about the constant pain and now pins/needles in my right arm and wrist. It all started when I was writing music using Cubase on the PC, and taking piano lessons and practicing at the same time.

I started back at school last year and handwriting has now become unbearable. Now that I'm at university I feel I must do something about it because it's going to start affecting exams. I just hope it's not too late for a good recovery!

Carrie

#113855 - 12/03/04 07:31 AM Re: Prickling and numbness in fingers.
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Folks, Boo can REALLY play a saxophone, plus he does a great job on vocals and keyboard.
And he has a great wife and kid that somehow put up with him.
DonM

Yea but, can he lay bricks?
Starkeeper

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online