SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113781 - 12/17/01 01:53 PM Big problem....
KeyboardFreak Offline

I already posted this in the General forum... but I really need help... so it's going in here as well.

One of the keys on my XV-88 is sticking. It's the D right above middle C. I think it's a fairly new problem... considering that D is a very commonly used key and I've never noticed this before. Basically, the key just doesn't come back up as fast as it should. It's no problem on staccatto or passing notes... but on things like legato passages and repeated notes... it doesn't trigger the second time. It seems like it only happens when the key gets to the very bottom of it's stroke; if I only push it down about half-way, it comes back up just fine.

Needless to say... this is a VERY big annoyance. And I have absolutely no clue how to fix it. I tried turning the keyboard upside down and then righting it again... but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions short of keyboard surgery??? Or does the thing need to be opened up??

------------------
2 Chronicles 7:14
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

America.... we need to pray!

[This message has been edited by KeyboardFreak (edited 12-17-2001).]

#113782 - 12/17/01 02:15 PM Re: Big problem....
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
When this happens to me it is usually dirt so I pass a feather through the gap ----- perhaps you done tat anyway it always was something simple that needed cleaning ---- I thi9nk I once had to open instrument and remove key and clean. Hope this helps. pierce

#113783 - 12/17/01 02:24 PM Re: Big problem....
KeyboardFreak Offline

Umm.... I don't have a feather handy. .... could I use like a can of compressed air designed for cleaning computer insides?? If so... which direction should I try to blow the dirt?? Start from the top of the key and blow towards the front of the board??

P.S. Thanks for the help! Anyone else?

------------------
2 Chronicles 7:14
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

America.... we need to pray!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online