SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113612 - 12/05/01 01:44 PM need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I downloaded the styles for the va7, all of the internal styles and the one on the roland Italy site for the VA7 does not work on the EM2000. when I load them into the em2000 the styles come out different. all of the accompments are all piano sound and even the bass is in piano. I remember GrahamUK gave me a pointer, but I think I'm doing something wrong. has anyone expirenced this with their G1000/EM2000.

thanks in advance for your help.

#113613 - 12/05/01 03:22 PM Re: need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi MC,
the VA 7 uses a different set of instruments and different drum kits too, so its styles have to be converted before they can be used on the EM 2000 or any other Roland keyboard. As far as I know, the only program that can do this is EMC styleworks, but the latest version does not support the VA 7. I know that a new version is about to come out and hopefully it will include the VA 7 too.
Regards,
Andrea

#113614 - 12/06/01 04:12 AM Re: need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
mc...Dreamers comment above is correct. The VA patch assigned to the style is not available on the EM2000\G1000 so in most cases but not all, a Piano patch is put as default . Its quite easy to assign new EM sounds to an arrangement \ style and this can be done whilst the style is playing, you can insert different voices to each ACC to your liking. Remember to save to an UPS (User Program)when completed.
The main problem I find is the DRM and in most cases I assign this to BRUSH Patch and set the Drum Variation (4 options) Button to 1.

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-06-2001).]

#113615 - 12/06/01 09:10 AM Re: need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
Graham UK Offline

Mc...May I give you a little more input regarding Roland styles. When obtaining new styles for the EM2000 \ G1000 \ VA's it is normal to copy them onto the Zip Disk, but there is another option which I use. An HD floppy can hold a lot of styles Approximately 30 to 40 depending on the style size. As you load each style from floppy to keyboard, adjust volumes And voicing as necessary and then save each style into a separate User Program Set.
This will give you upwards of 40 styles all set up into 40 User Programs. Now if you save the final User Program file to the same floppy that also contains the styles. With the same floppy in the disk drive, selecting any of your User Programs will automatically load up the correct style from the floppy. I have been doing this with styles that I have downloaded or converted for testing until I am positive that I want to keep them, in which case I can put them onto the Zip Drive if I wish.

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-06-2001).]

#113616 - 12/06/01 10:46 AM Re: need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Graham, when you use a floppy as you describe
here, how long is the loadingtime from one
"song" are finished, to the next is ready to play?
Is it difference between a sequenced song and
if you use styles and presets?
Thanks
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#113617 - 12/06/01 10:56 AM Re: need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
Graham UK Offline

Gunnar....I am using the above example to use and load the styles NOT SEQUENCED SONGS. If I press the ending for one style, the new style selected is loaded with 2 bars from floppy. From Zip Disk a style load is instant and appears quicker than my friend who has an Hard Drive on his KN5000.

Whilst I am on, may I congratulate you on you KN site, it is very well laid out. I may have mentioned before that your site on my PC locks-up on MS Explorer but is good on Netscape. Keep up the good work.

Graham UK

#113618 - 12/06/01 12:39 PM Re: need help on va-7 styles for the em2000
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Thank's for your quick reply and kind words
regarding my website.
Hmm.. I use IExplorer 5.5, and the lock-up
I can't remember anyone have told me.
Maybe it's a plug in module such as playing
midifiles who cause the fault?
I know that it's only possible to play one
file at the time, and if the browser try to
load one in the same time another is playing
there can be conflicts.
Have to look at it.....
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online