SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113564 - 11/15/02 11:52 PM Tyros Music Finder & Style Accessibility
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
From what I've heard, the Yamaha Tyros Music Finder (as well as other Yamaha arrangers with Music Finder, PSR1000/2000, PSR9000, 9000pro), CANNOT access styles located on the hard drive. The Music Finder can only access & load internal styles (factory preset & in user flash memory). Can anyone confirm this? Thanks. - Scott

#113565 - 11/16/02 08:20 AM Re: Tyros Music Finder & Style Accessibility
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll confirm it after I spend a couple of hours with one, if they ever arrive.
DonM

#113566 - 11/16/02 08:37 AM Re: Tyros Music Finder & Style Accessibility
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I was wondering how the gigging musicians handle the situation of styles, midis,etc that are located on disk.

In order to play some newer songs and specialty songs that do not lend themselves to internal styles,I rely on several midis that I have transposed the key and eliminated the keyboard/solo parts.

Due to the limitations of the user memory I have to plan my sets ahead of time, clear the user memory and load the data ahead of time, in order to link them to the associated registrations.

This is another reason that I would not upgrade from my 2000, until the memory (inexpensive solution for Yamaha )is improved.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jerry

#113567 - 11/17/02 05:21 PM Re: Tyros Music Finder & Style Accessibility
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
. The Music Finder can only access & load internal styles (factory preset & in user flash memory). Can anyone confirm this? Thanks. - Scott[/B]

Hi Scott,
My neighbour has had her Tyros about a week but I put your query to her and she confirmed that Music Finder could not access styles on the Hard Drive.
However from what she said, I understand that if you select a style on the HD you can save it into a "BANK". Having done this, you save the "BANK" as a "USER" file.
You can then access from Music Finder via>SEARCH->STYLE->USER.
Hope this makes sense ?
I'm waiting delivery of Tyros so will have to go through all this,hopefully before Christmas !
( I'm still keeping my KN6500 though)
Regards,
Derek

#113568 - 11/17/02 05:41 PM Re: Tyros Music Finder & Style Accessibility
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Derek Ladkin:
Hi Scott,
My neighbour . . . confirmed that Music Finder could not access styles on the Hard Drive.

Disappointing. I wonder if this could be added in a Tyros flashable OS update?

One other Music Finder suggestion is adding 'Registration Memory File' access to the Music Finder. This would greatly increase the POWER of the Music Finder feature as you would then have up to 8 different custom Registration Memory settings (voice setups, key tranpose settings, plus all the other settings supported in Reg Memory) for each individual song title in Music Finder. I also would think enhancing the Music Finder in these two ways would be easy for Yamaha to do. What do you guys think? - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online