SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113436 - 10/10/05 03:56 PM New guy in town
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hi folks, just wanted to introduce myself as I hope to soon be the owner of a new Tyros 2 (ordered from Dan at Keyboard City). I'm somewhere in the queue, no. 9, I think. I'm not really an arranger player but have owned a G1000 (and G800 before that)since they first came out. I don't (hardly ever) play out anymore (haven't for years) and when I do it's usually solo piano and in some kind of mini-concert venue. I am/was primarily a jazz player and played mainly organ (B3)throughout my gigging years (the glory days of the Jazz organ trio). For an ol' fart, I have a fair collection of keyboards including a roland VK8, original Triton, G1000, Motif ES (was not as impressed as I'd hoped), Roland A70 controller (for Proteus 2500, JV1010, softsynths, and TC Helicon), Alesis Quadrasynth (still has some sounds that I love)and a few other vintage (ie. JV80, etc.)synths that are packed away in the attic. These days I'm mostly into recording, arranging, and occasionally helping the (usually) destitute singer/songwriter trying to put together a demo cd. Although I don't use the arranger much (usually to help me with drum programming), the quality of the sounds in the Tyros 2 really impressed me and I expect to use it more as a real instrument. I'll have to use some of it's capabilities else it would be a pretty pricey sound module. I live in the Tampa, Fl area maintain a small personal studio in my home centered around an Akai DPS24 and more outboard equipment than I'd ever admit to my wife (who is blissfully ignorant of what this stuff costs). Anyhow, I'm sure this is more than most of you wanted to know but when you're old, retired, ugly, poor, and married, (ie. generally unattractive to women), you have way to much time on your hands. BTW, if Dan makes a mistake and sends me my T2 first, you can be sure that I'll do the right thing and send it back and then patiently wait my turn......right.

Peace,

Charles

BTW, how do you get "smilies" into your message....clicking on them didn't work.

#113437 - 10/10/05 04:30 PM Re: New guy in town
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Hi Charles and welcome.

Keep us posted on whats happening with your new Tyros. Sounds like you and I have a good bit in common, especially the wife part. lol. Nah my wife knows exactly what everything I own cost and she encourages me to continue to invest. My brother lives in FL (Port St Lucie on the other side) and is a musician (drummer/singer) and, he has a home studio. I live in VA. I had planned to order a T2 last week but EWQL came out with the special deal on the Muse Receptor which I ordered so I need to wait a month or so now.

Congrats on your purchase.

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 10-10-2005).]

#113438 - 10/10/05 05:02 PM Re: New guy in town
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Welcome to the big city!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#113439 - 10/10/05 05:13 PM Re: New guy in town
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Charles....Hello and welcome to the best forum on the net....I like the experiance that you have....you should be able to help out a great deal here by way of your knowlege...let us hear some of your work...
Tony Rome

#113440 - 10/10/05 05:24 PM Re: New guy in town
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Charles, those smilies do not appear in posts. They appear on main page and beginning of posts. (Worthless to me.) See "smilies legend" for smilies.

Hint: Consider breaking up your super-long paragraphs, as well. (Pet peeve.)

Welcome.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 10-10-2005).]

#113441 - 10/10/05 05:49 PM Re: New guy in town
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Charles, since I'm #7 in the queue (I think) I'll be keeping an eye out.

As the vetran Tyros keyboard enthusiast here & pro player, I too am exited to recieve my Tyros2 as well. The BIG deal about T2 is its very PLAYABLE 'Super Articulation' Voices. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a lot to share & learn together when it arrives. Charles, welcome aboard.

Scott

#113442 - 10/10/05 06:28 PM Re: New guy in town
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
"Consider breaking up your super-long paragraphs, as well"

What's a paragraph????

Kidding, you're right, of course. I tend to talk the same way. Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome.

Charles

#113443 - 10/10/05 06:31 PM Re: New guy in town
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Charles:

Welcome to the forum! I a newer member myself, I signed on in April of 2005. I can tell you there's a wealth of knowledge here. I've learned things here from members in 6 months that would have me taken me years to learn myself. Good luck with your Tyros2.

#113444 - 10/10/05 07:15 PM Re: New guy in town
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Charles

You are welcome in SZone family.

Regards from Brasil
Chico

#113445 - 10/11/05 03:11 AM Re: New guy in town
to the genesys Offline

Charles,
Welcome to the forum.

I know you will get a lot of information on almost any music related topic you may need.

#113446 - 10/11/05 03:36 AM Re: New guy in town
zuki Offline

Charles,
Welcome to the forum. You can write as many paragraphs as you wish...
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#113447 - 10/11/05 04:30 AM Re: New guy in town
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Welcome Charles:

Glad you could join us. Hope your Tyros arrives soon and that you enjoy it nearly as much as Scott Yee will. You'll find this group to be very helpful, humorous and informative.

Now, where is that darn dictionary so I can look up the definition of paragraph.

All the best, RICE (The Lone Arranger)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online