SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#112644 - 12/28/06 04:07 AM Re: need some help with my ears !
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I have uploaded the Purgatory Creek recordings of the Korg Pa800 RX pianos to esnips.com:

Grand Piano RX

Bright Piano RX

I have not made any changes to the sounds nor the effects. The recording and conversion to MP3 was done with Wavelab and an EMU 1212m sound card.

Please let me know if you have any problems listening to the recordings. esnips.com could be a great way to share our recordings. It took only a few minutes to setup a free account and upload the files.

Kind regards,
Tommy

#112645 - 12/28/06 05:52 AM Re: need some help with my ears !
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
I only listened to the concert pianos on demo 4

to me, they were bad, too much effect, and/or muddy. and the shmaltzy playing styles were making them hard to evaluate--

but i think CONCERT PIANO #2 is a pretty good sound..

if there's one good piano you really like, that's all
you need, right?

------------------
Miami Mo

#112646 - 01/03/07 07:16 AM Re: need some help with my ears !
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
still need some help. I have been trying to fi nd a decent piano sample or expansion board for my Pax. I am struggling as i cant find a sample i like that fits the 32 mb max sample size on the pax. I have heard some 16mb pianos by Wiliam Coakley from his "perfect piano Series" but cant determine if they are compatible with the Pax. I have gone right back to the original manufacturer whos link i started this topic with as i have grown to like the piano sounds however they are such a small company that they dont have paypal or the ability to accept credit cards. they are based in Germnany and want me to deposit the money in their account in Euros and then they will forward the expansion board. This sounds like a very unorthordox way to take payment and i am not comfortable in doing this. does anyone have any ideas about getting better piano samples within the 32mb limitation that would work with my pax ? Are there any pax owners here that have acquired better piano samples than the stock korg ones ?

#112647 - 01/03/07 09:48 AM Re: need some help with my ears !
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Spalding4,

Did you listen to the Pa800 piano sounds? Korg will make these pianos available for the Pa1X in February when they release OS 3.0.

You should also consider the Piano Evolution sample set that you can buy for only €20 over at www.irishacts.com.

Kind regards,
Tommy

#112648 - 01/03/07 03:16 PM Re: need some help with my ears !
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
Thanks Tommy i have heard that the 03 operating system will have included the pa800 piano and thats certainly better than the stock piano.I already have sharps piano evolution and to be honest i think it sounds worse than the piano assault. The sound is really muffled and soaked in reverb effect. Has very little middle or bottom end to it and i simply cannot use it.

Maybe i will have to just wait and see what the piano on the pa800 sounds like when i get the latest OS upgrade

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online