SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#112405 - 01/17/02 11:23 AM Sd1 whats the position
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I wonder if all the sd1s are silent -- there seems little talk at present. I dont intend to change from x1 for a while yet, but I wonder how their owners are feeling/thinking about them now. Dave didnt you do some research on them ? Pierce

#112406 - 01/17/02 01:09 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I did more than research - I bought one,....and returned it after the first set I tried it. We were not a good couple.

#112407 - 01/17/02 01:44 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi.
There was some discussions abou SD1 some time
ago, even I had a testdrive
Why it's that quiet at the moment is probably
that those who have one is very pleased?

Well, what's good for one, might be bad for
the other, but even if UD did not get a kick
out of the meeting, I had a nice moment.
Unlucky for both me and the SD1, it was a OS
version who was not updated, and I would sure
like another ride, but next time there will
be most of the kb's avilable to try out before
buy any
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#112408 - 01/18/02 11:06 AM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Roel Offline

Hi Pierce,
You are right.... most owners spend their time playing the sd1, I guess ?
A few weeks ago I sent a pretty long message to Sandro (Ketron engineer) in which I put user-detected 'bugs' and user wishes.
Sandro promised to do his best on all items, so I hope to hear from him soon. (New OS)

My machine performs as I want and I love 'her' because she's worth ever penny !
(Euro)

Roel

#112409 - 01/18/02 03:31 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
flowerssupply Offline

Thanks lads ye speak of "love" and another "ride" and Dave speaks of the Sd1 and he not being a "good couple" --and it put me wondering if the relationship could have improved with another "Ride" -- I put this Q to Dave ---a little joke included Dave best wishes all. The reason I am not changing is that I am out of money at present and I also need to wait for one that a big improvement on x1. I do like the x1 alot.
Such as
Bigger Screen
Better text files edit.
Fast load of Registrations (From Hard disk)
Sturdier structure.
Less trouble with pads.
Better Piano
Better Clarinet
Same Accordion ie musette.
More keys
Weighted keys.
more pattern storage memory
Plenty in x1 if you wish but it would suit me better to hold alot more just to try occasionally. It fills up rapidly if I do some pattern editing/writing.
Pierce

#112410 - 01/18/02 04:17 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Anonymous
Unregistered

Many people don't like the X1 piano. I agree the piano sample is one of the keyboard's weak points. But there are considerably best piano samples (for all tastes) in the soundbanks available from ketron. Try them out!

#112411 - 01/18/02 04:22 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Anonymous
Unregistered

The memory available for new patterns is also expandeable at Ketron, until the full 99(A)+99(A) are usable. I do agree with the need of more keys and a (semi)-weighted action. That's why my choice was an X4 and a controller keyboard from kurzweil.

#112412 - 01/18/02 05:01 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
flowerssupply Offline

Thanks I will reinvestigate but to date I am sure there isd such a gap between pianos in arrangers generally and a real piano (electric) that I have given up the search. I await more progress. sometimes I used x1 to drive Corg sgid piano and sound improved significally at home but on the gig its not near as good as corg sgid. I tried corg to drive x1 and it is no good either. I am sold on the big -backbreaking piano. When did new piano sounds become available from ketron as I loaded all they had about a year ago and I loaded v4 of update but there is nothing anwhere near what I use-- pity Pierce

#112413 - 01/19/02 12:02 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by flowerssupply:
When did new piano sounds become available from ketron as I loaded all they had about a year ago and I loaded v4 of update but there is nothing anwhere near what I use-- pity Pierce

I don't know the exact date when these soundbanks where available at ketron, but they are not very recent (more than a year, for sure). As far as I know, they are not downloadable, but sold by ketron (sometimes
dealers might offer them). The "most concentrated" set of pianos can be found in the Ketron Soundbank Ref. 9SBPIA - PIANOS (as indicated at Ketron official site), but they are others spread by other soundbanks (example: the Supersolos Vol. 1 Soundbank includes a Grand Piano). In my opinion none of the (acoustic) pianos in these soundbanks is more than satisfactory, but in any case, they are a reasonable improvement to the factory Grand Piano. I don't think that upgrades in the OS changed the pianos factory sounds. José Matias.

#112414 - 01/19/02 12:04 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by flowerssupply:
When did new piano sounds become available from ketron as I loaded all they had about a year ago and I loaded v4 of update but there is nothing anwhere near what I use-- pity Pierce

I don't know the exact date when these soundbanks where available at ketron, but they are not very recent (more than a year, for sure). As far as I know, they are not downloadable, but sold by ketron (sometimes
dealers might offer them). The "most concentrated" set of pianos can be found in the Ketron Soundbank Ref. 9SBPIA - PIANOS (as indicated at Ketron official site), but they are others spread by other soundbanks (example: the Supersolos Vol. 1 Soundbank includes a Grand Piano). In my opinion none of the (acoustic) pianos in these soundbanks is more than satisfactory, but in any case, they are a reasonable improvement to the factory Grand Piano. I don't think that upgrades in the OS changed the piano factory sounds. José Matias.

#112415 - 01/19/02 01:17 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
flowerssupply Offline

Thanks I,ll check a bit more. I think I got improved piano before. Either way the corg Sgid piano that I bring is brilliant. Some day I may only need one instrument. Best wishes. Pierce

#112416 - 01/20/02 10:29 PM Re: Sd1 whats the position
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Ketron did release PIANO SUPER SOLOS ! They are very nice improvement over the stock X1 piano !
What can I say about the SD1 that I have't already said in prior post . Remember I work for Ketron . I LOVE THE SD1 ! dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 01-20-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online