SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#112202 - 02/23/01 01:34 PM Differences between GEM WK8, Roland VA-7, Solton X1 and Yamaha PSR9000
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Hello,

I'm getting a bit confused trying to find the right keyboard. So much choices. I want to ask you, what the differences are between these 3 mentioned types. What I currently think about these is that the GEM has much edit options, but the sound is not perfect. What I know from the VA-7 is that it has interface problems, what I know from the PSR 9000 is nothing. Except that it has a very large amount of buttons. The Solton, don't know anything about it, except the good sounding.

I was wondering if anyone here on the forum could provide some information on the differences between these keyboards.

I currently own an old GEM WS1/HD. It's a midclass board I think, but I miss IT. The real good sounds, and THE options on a new keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings from The Netherlands,
Sander Thalen

#112203 - 02/23/01 02:24 PM Re: Differences between GEM WK8, Roland VA-7, Solton X1 and Yamaha PSR9000
Roel Offline

Moj Sander !

Nice to find another 'Dutchie' on this forum.
You absolutely need to find a place where you can see/hear the X1..... You'll be amazed because of the sound-/style quality.
(I own the X1HD)

Please read all previous postings or try the 'search' option.

I live just a 20-minute car drive from Hoogeveen .... so...

Groet'n uut Coevern

Roel

#112204 - 02/23/01 03:39 PM Re: Differences between GEM WK8, Roland VA-7, Solton X1 and Yamaha PSR9000
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Hi Sander
Your asking the most asked question on this forum! Let your ears and heart tell you the answer after you have played them all. Make sure you play them ALL under the same conditions( same type/quality amp and speakers), hopefully at home or in a room by yourself.
Good Luck

#112205 - 02/23/01 05:09 PM Re: Differences between GEM WK8, Roland VA-7, Solton X1 and Yamaha PSR9000
DannyUK Offline

hi there.. i think you need to determine what the major factor is required for your usage then build on that.. from my personal experience, each keyboard ive tried and tested have all sounded fantastic but the ultimate decision was based on features and user friendliness.. for me, i like keyboards to have strong styles, good sequencer and good midi file playback.. for me, the X1 does these very well indeed so this is the one i went for..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online