SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#111888 - 12/28/06 12:29 PM I'm now making sounds for the T2.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Guys.

Just wanted to let you know that as well as the KORG material I make, I’ve started to produce sounds for the Yamaha Tyros 2. http://www.irishacts.com

In order to keep SynthZone Spam free also, this will be the only announcement I will make.

While these are pay for download. I am not someone in it just for the money. Those who know me as “Sharp” from KORG Forums will also know that I offer the largest selection of free KORG related downloads on the planet. Most of which I made.

Given the success of my venture into Yamaha sound design, hopefully in time I will be able to build up a selection of free downloads to support the Yamaha community in the same way too.

Kind Regards.
James Tubbritt

#111889 - 12/28/06 02:45 PM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
Stein67 Offline

Great to hear. I just got my Tyros 2 at Christmas, and being a fellow Irish man, I am sure you're product is excellent!!

I'll definitely order something from you in the near future, once I get to grips with what the Tyros 2 initially has to offer.

All the best.

#111890 - 12/28/06 05:40 PM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
James: Thank you for adding a focus for the T2 to your business. The samples sounded very nice. Much richer than what comes with the T2.

When I tried the Yamaha Scat voices I found it added a long time to the boot up process of the T2 for them to load.

How much time does your piano sounds adds to the boot time or to load time when used?

#111891 - 12/28/06 06:33 PM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
Irishacts Offline

Hi Robert.

Out of what I have currently released, the 3 female voices will each load in under 10 seconds if you load them off the internal hard disk. You can add around 3 or 4 seconds to that if you load the data off a USB memory stick. Same goes for the Small Choir 1 sound.

The Concert Grand data on the other hand is a very large library. So your looking at around 7+ minutes loading time there.

Unfortunately that’s out of my control. Apparently Yamaha implemented USB 1 standards internally which means that the Tyros is extremely slow at loading large amounts of data. Effectively making the ability to load 1GB of sample data completely pointless at it would take nearly a week :-)

Now that I know this, the focus at this point is high quality sounds that load fast. Which is why the latest 4 sounds I’ve released load in under 10 seconds each, as anything from now on will also be very quick loading.

Kind Regards.
James.

Thanks Stein67.
Where in Ireland are you or your family based ?.

I’m down in the Southeast ( Waterford City )

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-28-2006).]

#111892 - 12/29/06 07:36 AM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
RobertG Offline

James: How Yamaha has implemented loading samples has made your great piano samples impractical for me. Waiting 7+ minutes to load a sound is simply too long.

If I was doing studio work, could afford to wait, and didn't have access to computer-based sounds I guess I would consider it. But that's a lot of ifs.

Hopefully Yamaha will change how they address loading samples for the T3 to make it a viable platform for someone like you to sell third-party samples. Until then, it sounds like the ability to load samples in the T2 is really a greatly crippled, unusable feature for most applications that a T2 is most used for (live-pro or home-recreational playing).

Please keep up your work of considering the Tyros. Your samples are much better than Yamaha's piano sounds. They just are not giving you the proper environment to participate in at this time.

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 12-29-2006).]

#111893 - 12/29/06 10:04 AM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
Irishacts Offline

Sure the Tyros 2 is not perfect in this area, but now that I know about it’s loading times. I believe I have greatly improved this by creating very tightly optimised data.

While 7 minutes for the Piano’s to load at boot up probably won’t suite all live stage performers, I think the improvements in the loading times of my Female voice sounds are a great indication of the level of improvements that can be made.

10 seconds is nothing.

I also have plans to develop another piano more suited to stage performers. Something that loads really quickly.

Kind Regards.
James.

#111894 - 12/29/06 10:30 AM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Guys,

I have bought the 3 female voices from James, and all I can say is that they are outstanding.
Loading time is no problem.
Job well done.

I'm looking forward to buy more.

Eric

#111895 - 12/29/06 03:27 PM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
Irishacts Offline

Thanks a million Eric.
I’m delighted to hear your enjoying the new sounds so music.

Kind regards.
James.

#111896 - 12/29/06 03:28 PM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
RobertG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Sure the Tyros 2 is not perfect in this area, but now that I know about it’s loading times. I believe I have greatly improved this by creating very tightly optimised data.

While 7 minutes for the Piano’s to load at boot up probably won’t suite all live stage performers, I think the improvements in the loading times of my Female voice sounds are a great indication of the level of improvements that can be made.

10 seconds is nothing.

I also have plans to develop another piano more suited to stage performers. Something that loads really quickly.

Kind Regards.
James.

James: I look forward to hearing quick loading piano samples from you in the future. I agree that 10 seconds is no big deal. I'll even give you 20, but not more.

#111897 - 12/31/06 12:49 AM Re: I'm now making sounds for the T2.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
We have ready a lot of new sound library too.
For the MS users is all Free, but you can also buy it, the price is really interesting too for the BIG quantity of the sounds that we offer.. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/-c-158.html?osCsid=e87e2de726108f40fa2d3414a9cde35d

Happy new Year!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online