SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#111855 - 01/09/03 04:22 AM USING ALEXIS REVERB MACHINE
riva Offline

Loc: Betar Ilite, Israel
I have a mini macky mixer that I use for 2 singing mics and a keyboard. Now I purchased a reverb machine with 100 programs, but I'm not sure how to connect it.
Anyone know?

#111856 - 01/09/03 05:24 AM Re: USING ALEXIS REVERB MACHINE
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Not exactly the correct forum for this kind of question but I'll help you. Does your mixer have aux send and returns is the first question?

S.

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#111857 - 01/09/03 06:59 AM Re: USING ALEXIS REVERB MACHINE
riva Offline

Loc: Betar Ilite, Israel
Yes it does. Thank for responding...

#111858 - 01/09/03 07:09 AM Re: USING ALEXIS REVERB MACHINE
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have a Mackie 1202.
Just use one of the Aux sends and returns to route your signal to the reverb unit and back. If it's stereo, use L and R Aux outputs to connect to the inputs on your reverb unit. Then use the output(s) from the reverb unit to go back to the Aux returns on the Mackie. I would recommend setting the Master Aux Send level to "optimum" or straight up. Set the levels on the reverb unit until they are the right volume (not distorted). You will assign whichever channels you want to go to the reverb unit by adjusting the "aux 1 (or 2) level on the channels. Be sure those channels that you DON'T want to send have the aux level set to zero.
Getting the right levels, where the signal is clean and not distorted, takes a little tweaking, but it is not difficult.
Mackie has a really wonderful owner's guide that is free at all dealers. Or you can request one from Mackie.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online