SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#111396 - 03/23/01 01:32 PM Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Hi,

Here they are; the results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'. 61 people have voted! Thanks for that.

Listed in descending order:

Technics KN Series (11) 18%
Solton SD1 (10) 16%
Yamaha PSR Series (10) 16%
Roland VA Series (8) 13%
Solton X1 (6) 10%
Roland G1000 (4) 7%
Roland EM Series (3) 5%
GEM WK (SE or not SE) Series (2) 3%
Solton X4 (1) 2%
Korg PA-80 (1) 2%
GEM SK880 (0) 0%
Other... (5) 8%

Well, this is it. How about another poll? Let me know it then .

Have fun playing,
Sander
The Netherlands

#111397 - 03/23/01 01:47 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Scott!!! How many times did you vote???

#111398 - 03/23/01 02:44 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Dreamer!

I HAD "tried" voting more than once (ha, ha, just kidding), but the poll would only count me ONCE! Even so, it's great to see that the Technics KN still came in at #1.

Of MORE interesting note is that the Solton SD-1, which is not even available in the stores yet (except at George Kaye's place), got the #2 spot. I wonder how many of the people who voted for the SD1 actually own one or had a chance to play and hear this KB in person yet?

BTW, the poll results pretty much matched my personal ratings. WOW . . What a coincidence!

Sanders, how about a poll on people's prefered arranger keyboard playing style

1) Split Mode: left hand -one fingered with right hand playing melody
2)Split Mode: left hand chord with right hand playing melody
3)Left hand bass lines with right hand playing chords
4)Full Keyboard (pianist) Mode

A poll asking the the top 3 FAV styles of music played might also prove interesting.

How about a poll to find out people's FAV arranger keyboard 'acoustic piano' or other specified sound patch?

Sanders, many thanks for continuing to conduct these informative and fun polls.

Scott
http://scottyee.com

#111399 - 03/26/01 05:30 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
The poll is skewed.

The Yamaha 9000PRO wasn't even listed while the SD1 was? That's odd. Plus there's something about Solton owners that draws them to things like this while Yamaha owners aren't as interested. I think its because Solton owners have bought something vastly overpriced and over-rated, and strongly feel that must defend their poor purchasing judgment. I'm not saying that Solton owners are less intelligent. I'm just saying that they don't mind spending more for less, and then feel compelled to defend their poor choice to the death.

We'll probably never know the inner grief and struggle that Solton owners face for sure. But I'd bet nearly every Solton owner on this site felt compelled to participate while less than half of the Yamaha owners even bothered with it.

Have a nice day . . . and next time, THINK before you BUY.

#111400 - 03/26/01 07:20 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Paul A Smith Offline

I'm a Yamaha PSR owner who saw this poll and thought "what a total waste of time", us keyboard players are usually totally loyal to which ever keyboard we have spent our hard earned cash on, so a poll like this will always be a complete waste of time.
Perhaps polls about style of playing and the genre of music played would be of more interest and produce more accurate results.

Paul.

#111401 - 03/26/01 11:36 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Steve,

I'll say that the results were skewed. My favorite Pole was a girl named Sue Jankowski. She was wonderful.

I've been in therapy for quite a while now. It hasn't helped. Soon all of us Solton owners will be better. I heard that they are going to drop the Solton name and use Ketron.
When that happens we will all be better. This is sort of like when Datsun became Nissan. I always thought that a Solton was some kind of an Arabian Sheik anyway.

There are those who drive rice burners and those who drive Harleys. Those who drive Boss Hoggs and those who drive Honda Civics.

I was told in therapy that I had multiple personalities. I've been beside myself every since. One of me hates country and the other hates western. Do not, Do too, Do not, Do too. Now boys stop it. Ok Ok

My wife and I will be passing through Columbus OH. this summer. Maybe the three of us will take you up on your lunch offer.

Later

Tom

Tom

#111402 - 03/27/01 07:16 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Stevizard Offline

Tom,

I'll be happy to take your wife and yourself to lunch but the other personalities will have to go dutch-treat.

Steve

#111403 - 03/27/01 08:36 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Bevan Offline

Duch-treat. Again we see the great influence
from the Netherlands on the Americans, even
in these nice words.

#111404 - 03/27/01 10:29 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bevan:
Duch-treat. Again we see the great influence
from the Netherlands on the Americans, even
in these nice words.

>>>Dutch-Treat,translate = ZUINIG <<<
Greetings from the Netherlands
Arno,

#111405 - 03/27/01 11:21 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Dreamer Offline

I have read that the Ku Klux Klan is still very active in ohio.

#111406 - 03/27/01 12:07 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
I have read that the Ku Klux Klan is still very active in ohio.

*** Without a doubt - the single most embarrasing, shameful part of American history. Stuff like that is NEVER funny.

#111407 - 03/27/01 12:21 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Dreamer Offline

I'm sorry, Dave, but you are missing something. My post was a reply to the most delirious thing that I have ever read; while I was submitting my post, it was deleted -I suppose by our administrator (ask him for more details). I suppose that our "friend from Canton" is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

#111408 - 03/27/01 01:53 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Timor sakka Offline

Loc: Sweden
Is this a KB forum or what???
Keep Playin!

#111409 - 03/27/01 02:59 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
What....what....
Nuthin' by Radio Shack???
I'm sorry but I'm completely disillusioned,
I'd better go lie down.
There's no place like home
There's no place like home
zzzzzzzzzz

#111410 - 03/28/01 01:13 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Stevizard Offline

No, it was me who deleted it. It sounded funny in my head but when I read it online a minute later I thought somebody might take offense (even though it wasn't meant that way). You see, the family I grew up in would say the craziest things to each other but none of it was ever taken seriously. We were all jokesters and pranksters. We had a lot of fun growing up together. Still, the problem I keep running into is that nobody can tell when I joking.

So, try this . . . whenever you read one of my posts, think of a man with a gray beard standing on one leg holding a banana cream pie in one hand and whistling Dixie (a mighty fine tune). Then say to yourself, "is this guy serious?" The answer should be "no."

There's not a single person on this forum that I don't think the world of, even if I poke fun at them sometimes. Remember, it's always in fun and not only do I dish it out, I expect some hits in return (don't mind them a bit). So far, Uncle Dave is the only one that really caught on . . . and he can give a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

As far as KKK in Ohio -- never seen one but it might be in my drawer . . . lose a lot of stuff in there. I'll look tonight.

Best regards to all,
Steve

#111411 - 03/28/01 02:55 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Clif Anderson Offline

Stevizard said

"There's not a single person on this forum that I don't think the world of,"

"the problem I keep running into is that nobody can tell when I joking."

#111412 - 03/28/01 09:19 PM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
He got ya Steve !

#111413 - 03/29/01 12:50 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Senior Member Offline

Steve, Steve...

#111414 - 03/29/01 12:58 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Senior Member Offline

Steve, Steve...
I told you, remember?
Once you click the "submit" button, it's gone!
I too read your post, and I didn't think it was fun at all.
Do you think it's fun referring to dutch immigrants as "stone skins"?
Do you think it's fun saying "I don't know why people from second rate countries like Holland, England, France, Sweden, Germany, Balkans, Brazil, etc are so arrogant?"
Do you think it's fun wishing for those "tiny bity" countries a future in which they would be granted "US statehood" provided they would become "more americans"?
The only thing I found funny was the last line: "Long live President Clinton. Viva la Hillary".
I am sorry for you, boy.

#111415 - 03/29/01 06:29 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm still lurking in the shadows. My buddy Steve would never intentionally hurt anybody. (Waylon Jennings had a song out with that line in it.)
I also have to curtail my sense of humor sometimes because there are people on this forum from many nations and cultures. Comments you would make to friends in your own culture can be easily misinterpreted by those of another culture.
Americans (whatever that means) are infamous kidders. Also compounding this problem, if there is one, is the fact that people of other nationalities take the time and trouble to learn "our" language but we much more rarely know theirs. It's sometimes difficult when communicating in writing to interpret a person's true meaning, because you don't see his sly smile, or the tongue-in-cheek visage.
I'm certain there is no one on this forum who bears ill feeling toward anyone else. (Well there was the infamous Rasheed, but that's another story.)
I can never take Steve seriously again, now that I have the new image imbedded in my mind.
Let's talk about music. Back to the topic of this string. I didn't vote because I am fickle and I like nearly all the keyboards. It isn't important to me what the other people like best, just what suits me best from all that are available.
DonM

#111416 - 03/29/01 06:50 AM Re: Results of the 'Your Favourite Keyboard Poll'
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Hey all,

My mailbox is now overloaded containing e-mails that are noticing me that someone has replied to this topic..

That's a bit weird if you think of that the only question was 'How about another poll?', although I like it.

I also noticed that some people didn't like the vote, so maybe I just won't make one again. And by the way.. I'm Dutch too! :-)

Sander Thalen,

T h e
N e t h e r l a n d s

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online