SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#111271 - 03/15/03 08:44 AM new CD with singer SUE
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Hi folks,

I have just finished recording a brand new CD with singer SUE. Once more all of the recordings were done at home in my livingroom with the sole use of the KORG PA80.
I have uploaded one song on my site (Fire , originally performed by the Pointer Sisters).
Next week I will upload short fragments of all the other songs, as Sue plans to sell this album publicly.
Looking forward to your appraisal.........

john
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Smies/index-2.html

note that if you go to ALBUM 1 you can still hear 10 songs from my own album which I completed a couple of months ago, done with the Korg PA80 as well..................

#111272 - 03/15/03 01:29 PM Re: new CD with singer SUE
Dnj Offline

Hi John,

Great tune...I enjoyed your different groove versus the original.
I would balance the lead vocal levels against the music a little,
you sound lost back there...otherwise.....
Nicely done!

Thanx for Sharing

#111273 - 03/16/03 01:40 AM Re: new CD with singer SUE
john smies Offline

Thanks Donny,

It is true that with some of the recordings the balancing is somewhat off, but I must add that this is particularly noticable at lower volumes. I have meanwhile made "backing tracks" for most of the songs in order that SUE may perform without me, and will re-record this song for the next batch of CD's once this current batch (100 copies !!!) have been sold.
I will notify all of you once the full contents of this CD (one minute of each song) will be on my site, within a week I reckon.

regards,
john

#111274 - 03/16/03 11:19 AM Re: new CD with singer SUE
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I LIKED IT
5 STARS
BEBOP

#111275 - 03/16/03 11:31 AM Re: new CD with singer SUE
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
John,
as you know, I think that Sue has a great voice, beautiful eyes and a wonderful smile.
If she is more than just a friend to you, you are the luckiest man in Holland.
Ciao!
Andrea

#111276 - 03/16/03 11:48 AM Re: new CD with singer SUE
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
John: Thanks for keeping us up on your latest music project song. I agree with DNJ that infusing a different than expected groove to this song brings a fresh new perspective. Sue has a terrific souful voice suitable for R&B. You, Sue, and the PA80 make a great team. Looking forward to hearing samples of the other tunes on your upcoming album. Best of luck. - Scott

#111277 - 03/17/03 02:44 AM Re: new CD with singer SUE
john smies Offline

Thank you for your warm comments,I have meanwhile uploaded ALL the other songs of the album (shortened versions), see also my new thread: A WINNER ?

regards,
john

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online