SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#111158 - 04/08/02 02:55 PM Just Recieved!!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Friends,
I just recieved my Kaces Keyboard Porter!
Thanks DanO for your exellent service!
Scottyee & Uncle Dave thank you for telling me about the KB porter. The #7 fits my 2000 prefect!
Again thanks,
Nobby

------------------

#111159 - 04/08/02 03:22 PM Re: Just Recieved!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Nobby:
WELCOME to the Kaces Porter #7 'fan club'.
- Scott

#111160 - 04/08/02 05:00 PM Re: Just Recieved!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey guys, a word of caution. I have one for my G1000[almost 2 years], Don't over do it. I overload mine[close to 90 lbs]. And dragging up stairs has caused the inner parts of the handle to break. Normal use , especially the lightweight[toys] will have no problems..

#111161 - 04/08/02 05:28 PM Re: Just Recieved!!
Nimrod Offline

Are you sure "dragging 90 LB's" up stairs has caused only the inner parts of your "handle" to break? methinks you ought to take it nice N' easy

NR

#111162 - 04/08/02 07:22 PM Re: Just Recieved!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don't drag it. Use the handle and LIFT it in those awkward places. Just use the wheels on FLAT ground. The 2000 is light enough that you can maneuver it just fine with the handle.

#111163 - 04/09/02 10:43 AM Re: Just Recieved!!
Nobby Offline

Hi Guys,
Know what you mean about the stairs.
My setup is upstairs in my home. First thing done was try to pull it up the stairs, I pulled it up about 3 stairs! Then I picked it up and carried it! It rubbed again the fabric on the stairs, and I don't belive that handle would stand much of that pulling! But I really like it so far!
Scott! Were do I sign for this fan club, or am I just automaticly a member by purching one!
It's a nice fit, but it has extra lenth I didn't expect that. I wonder if a 76 key would fit in this #7? I have used this extra space for 2 mic's in bags and the power supply. The pockets on theside for all my hookup cords! They still don't make a pocket that will hold the music stand!
Thank you guy for your input!
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

#111164 - 04/09/02 12:48 PM Re: Just Recieved!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Nobby,
If you're refering to the music stand that came with the 2000 - it fits UNDERneath the keyboard very well. Just put it face UP with the bottom edge at the front (handle side) of the case. The kb sits on top, and nothing is compromised. I keep a dust cover in the case too, so I put that on top of the stand, and the kb does not have a scratch on it.

#111165 - 04/09/02 02:17 PM Re: Just Recieved!!
Nobby Offline

Hi Uncle Dave,
I am a dummy! I have another soft case & the 2000 fits perfectly in it. I always carried the stand with the mounting edge near the rear of my board on the 510! But I did that on my 2000 and the first time I took it out I
put three small marks on the rear of the board! Kinda got me shy!
But your right there is more room at the front. I put it in the case with edge to the front & pointing down. Works just fine!

A friend of mine does upholstry I told him one day I would have him to make me a dust cover. He said he would and took the measurements of my old 510. About 2 wks here he comes with one! Black leather No Less!!
Wouldn't take a penny for it!!
It just fits my 2000!
I took it and turned it up side down inside
my case ontop of the stand. It comes up around my 2000, and between where I carry my
mic's & power supply! This is getting better all the time.
Thankx Guys,
Nobby

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online