SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#111044 - 03/06/00 09:58 PM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Jick Duck Offline

Loc: Brooklyn NY
Hi!
So how's the Giga-Jammer project working out folks? Clif, elle, Frank?

I hope that no one gets angry that I'm bringing back this topic. It's just ssooo interesting and it looks very promising. It removes almost all limitations!!

BYE BYE

------------------
Jick

#111045 - 03/07/00 02:38 PM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Jick

One new toy at a time for me! It is Jammer Live for now, and probably Gigasampler down the road. I am following elle's directions, but slowly. I am playing with Jammer Live using the sounds that came with my Yamaha Waveforce 192XG sound card. I want to master Jammer Live to some extent before trying to interconnect with other software. I am enjoying Jammer Live and, especially given the reasonable price, highly recommend it.

Clif

#111046 - 03/07/00 07:07 PM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Jick Duck Offline

Hi Clif,
Thank you for answering me. How many variatins and fills does it allow for each style? Does it have "any" latency at all?
Thank You

------------------
Jick

#111047 - 03/07/00 08:45 PM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jick, I like my Jammer Live. It works great when I midi from my computer to a sound module. But if I use my Roland 88h wavetable, the latency makes unuseable for anything but the drums.I am able to set the latency to "0" in Jammer Live, but can only reduce the latency to 125ms on the wavetable software. The biggest problen is trying to play right hand parts.. If I use the arranger section to play the wavetable and the right hand on the controlling keyboard[its own sounds] it will work, playing chord changes early[ usually the default quarter note quantize will work. It is pretty cool and can work as a back up or occasional arranger service on the job or studio. But it really can't replace a pro arranger keyboard, for my needs..Still, I would say GO FOR IT!!! Fran

#111048 - 03/07/00 09:25 PM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Jick Duck Offline

Thank you Fran.
If I understand correctly you are saying that Jammer Live has no latency at all and the problem is only with the Roland wave table. Well, that sounds very incoraging. It should work good with Gigasampler, no? I was told that gigasampler has a latncy of 8-10ms and that any hardware sampler has at least 10ms of latency. So I suppose that the total latency of Jammer Live working with Gigasampler should be <8-10ms. Am I right?
How many variations and fills does it have for every style?
Last but not least: Why is it that you say that Jammer Live can't compete with a good arranger keyboard? I mean, I understand that a good arranger keyboard has more features but I'm talking about using it together with Gigasampler. I think that the added advantage of good sound quality (Gigasampler) is a big "plus", no?

Thank you very much,

------------------
Jick

#111049 - 03/07/00 11:00 PM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Jick Duck Offline

Check out this site. It has two more software arrangers. They might be good to use with Gigasampler. http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/michaelbrick/rmcapro.htm#download

------------------
Jick

#111050 - 03/09/00 09:08 AM Re: Got Jammer Live Today!
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Jick

I have not noticed any latency, but I am not really listening for it. You might ask Soundtrek directly about limitations on the number of fills and variations per style.

Styles are referred to as "song styles" in Jammer Live. Variations and fills are "band styles". 14 band styles are immediately accessible using a pointer, but these are part of a scrollable list, so the total number of band styles available for a song style is probably greater. Jammer Live allows you to lock band styles when changing song styles so that band styles from more than one song style are available at once. Using locking, I could load about 32 band styles at once. So I would guess that the answer to your question is that a song style can have up to 32 band styles, including intros, endings, variations, and fills.
Clif

Quote:
Originally posted by Jick Duck:
Hi Clif,
Thank you for answering me. How many variatins and fills does it allow for each style? Does it have "any" latency at all?
Thank You

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online